Sunday Roast

Richard S

TVWBB Pro
Some friends of mine recently returned from a few weeks in the UK 🇬🇧. They got very comfortable with a tradition there called “Sunday Roast” in many of the pubs they visited.
It occurred to me that I often do a Sunday pork roast….here it is!
Started it off with a stiff G&T!
IMG_2759.jpegLots of fires 🔥 burning in Northern California with smoke drifting to Oregon. But had some nice skies tonight. Did my usual rub and a light peach 🍑 for smoke.IMG_2760.jpegGot into a groove a bit…IMG_2764.pngOnto the good part!IMG_2769.jpegIMG_2765.jpegIMG_2771.jpegPulled the roast about 145-150…very moist with a nice crust!IMG_2773.jpegIMG_2775.jpegIMG_2775.jpegIMG_2774.jpegGot some leftovers for tacos 🌮….so I got that going for me! Which is nice…IMG_2775.jpegCheers!

Great cook and good looking piece of pork. Speaking as a Brit the only thing I'd pick you up on is actually putting some flavour in it 🤣
Often our Sunday roasts are completely bland. Think underseasoned meat and veg that has been boiled to destruction.
It's a great Sunday tradition though and great to see in California. Your veggies look great too. Being from Yorkshire I have to recommend adding in Yorkshire puddings!

Back