Summit Kamado question

Being a long-time Weber Kettle Owner I have many accessories that I can use with the WSK. If I were to buy a WSK without the table it will be parked along side my Weber Performer Deluxe which is fitted with a Cajun Bandit Rotisserie. On-the-top of-my-head I would be only adding a SlowNSear for the WSK.

At my age(79) it is very hard to justify an outlay of around $1600 for the WSK without the table here in Costa Rica. I now do very little smoking but when need-be I have my trusty WSM 18"Classic that I bought new in the year 2008 and for my grilling session once-a-week I have my outstanding Weber Performer Deluxe(WPD).

Also, besides the more ease of use in smoking and grilling on the WSK does it produce better BBQ for an outlay of $1600 "smackers" than my WSM and WPD???

Last edited:
The only accessory I felt the WSK needed was the Weber expander grate. I already had my SNS and vortex from my kettle. I would think about adding a rotisserie if they ever made one.

maybe i'm missing something, but i don't see how or why a SNS would add value to the WSK/C. the WSK/C does this out of the box without issue.

maybe i'm missing something, but i don't see how or why a SNS would add value to the WSK/C. the WSK/C does this out of the box without issue.
Matched with a SlowNSear Drip Pan it will make clean-up a breeze. This has been my experience over the last few years in cleaning-up my Weber Performer Deluxe after each grilling session.

Matched with a SlowNSear Drip Pan it will make clean-up a breeze. This has been my experience over the last few years in cleaning-up my Weber Performer Deluxe after each grilling session.
i use heavy duty foil. cook, cool, rollup and toss. still don't see or comprehend what a SNS would do on a WSK. anyone?

Being a long-time Weber Kettle Owner I have many accessories that I can use with the WSK. If I were to buy a WSK without the table it will be parked along side my Weber Performer Deluxe which is fitted with a Cajun Bandit Rotisserie. On-the-top of-my-head I would be only adding a SlowNSear for the WSK.

At my age(79) it is very hard to justify an outlay of around $1600 for the WSK without the table here in Costa Rica. I now do very little smoking but when need-be I have my trusty WSM 18"Classic that I bought new in the year 2008 and for my grilling session once-a-week I have my outstanding Weber Performer Deluxe(WPD).

Also, besides the more ease of use in smoking and grilling on the WSK does it produce better BBQ for an outlay of $1600 "smackers" than my WSM and WPD???

In my opinion:
Not worth swapping what you have for a WSK.
A WSK could replace the WSM and WPD to save space but you wouldn't be eating noticeably better BBQ.
The cost v benefit just doesn't stack up.

I agree with Gary and I lust after a WSK but I am 69 have a Performer with gas assist bougt an SNS Deluxe about a year ago when they had a great sale on it. I also have a UDS for smoking which is getting old in the tooth which is why I wanted to try the SNS with the Performer it worked well for ribs but it was only my first time.

I smoke ribs maybe 6 or 7 times a year and do a spatchcock Turkey on the UDS once a year most likely I will try to find a used WSM down the road. I only paid used $85 for my Performer, with a Stainless GBS Grate, SS baskets and the SNS in it for a little more than 200. My guess is I can find a used WSM kind of looking for under 175 in the ATL. I can't justify the WSK although I wanted to for the kind of money it would require and I don't think the food would be an improvement either. Its still charcoal and this is not dissing the WSK what so ever.

I‘ve had my E6 for a bit over one year and love it. But in perusing options and add ones, I have not seen too many. Contrast this to a myriad of add ins, options, and upgrades for the venerable Weber Kettle.

My question is … is the lack of options/add ons due to lower sales volume or do people see them as not needed? Or is there something else going on here?

Just curious…..
There are a couple of items that I would like to see come available for the E6 whether by Weber or the aftermarket. First, of course, is a rotisserie. And second would be fold down side tables like BGE and KJ and about every other brand.
And while we are at it, I would like to see Weber come out with an 18" kamado.

But to address your question Mark, it is my guess that sales volumes are not high enough to support a huge array of accessories just yet. Hopefully in the future the WSK will get some love from the engineers at Weber.

I‘ve had my E6 for a bit over one year and love it. But in perusing options and add ones, I have not seen too many. Contrast this to a myriad of add ins, options, and upgrades for the venerable Weber Kettle.

My question is … is the lack of options/add ons due to lower sales volume or do people see them as not needed? Or is there something else going on here?

Just curious…..

I've had my E6 for just over 2 months. With the included CBs and deflector it does a lot of things really well. I did see some mod ideas on this site and others. I wanted a better way to manage charcoal so I got the angle grinder out and made this expanded metal ring:

exp met ring.JPG

But it wasn't great for moving charcoal around so I bit the bullet and bought this:
It was a custom order (15 3/8" diameter by 5" height) and I couldn't be happier with it.

For a drip pan I got some spacers and this pan, perfect fit and works very well. Bought this brush on advice here and it works great.

I already have an ATC but haven't used it yet.

I did get email back from Tom at Ceramic Grill store last week, but it got flagged as spam and didn't notice it until now.

He said said he's had very few inquiries about add-ons for the WSK. He suggested the "Big Joe Expander".

1658771891891.png

1658771967165.png

and a video on a slightly different setup but it does show more detail than the pics.

I did get email back from Tom at Ceramic Grill store last week, but it got flagged as spam and didn't notice it until now.

He said said he's had very few inquiries about add-ons for the WSK. He suggested the "Big Joe Expander".

View attachment 56049

View attachment 56050

and a video on a slightly different setup but it does show more detail than the pics.

The big joe expander looks interesting - there are sometimes "benefits" to increasing distance between meat and fire. I experimented with some brats on the WSK grill w/charcoal in lower position and liked the results. I could see doing a tri tip on the expander for a little while and then dropping it down on the bottom grate to sear it off of vice/versa.

Also, I relocated the side tables on my large BGE so they swung up at 90 degrees to the front, vs the weird angle that BGE has. It works well alongside my other grills. When I cook on my E6 I use the side table on my E330, and the BGE. Sometimes I just open all the grills so I can move things around.

20220725_111807.jpg
20220725_112352.jpg

I've had my E6 for just over 2 months. With the included CBs and deflector it does a lot of things really well. I did see some mod ideas on this site and others. I wanted a better way to manage charcoal so I got the angle grinder out and made this expanded metal ring:

View attachment 55944

But it wasn't great for moving charcoal around so I bit the bullet and bought this:
It was a custom order (15 3/8" diameter by 5" height) and I couldn't be happier with it.

For a drip pan I got some spacers and this pan, perfect fit and works very well. Bought this brush on advice here and it works great.

I already have an ATC but haven't used it yet.
What size spacers did you order?

Back