Still around!

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Been a bit absent from here lately. Work, life, you all know the drill!

Sorry no food pics. We've been doing plenty of grilling but not a lot of picture taking!

It was a wet one. Had a bunch of cooks planned for the 14" WSM. But with the wind and rain we opted for the Q1200. You can see it ready to go in the first photo. On my way home I hit a water filled pot hole (was unavoidable, and what I couldn't see was it had an abrupt front edge). that took out a leaf spring on my trailer. Normally I carry one, but I didn't this trip, of course.

So to make this qualify as a photo post here's what wee were up to last weekend.

52061889625_904743863c_c.jpg

52061424318_3bb558ea4f_c.jpg

52061400336_99fa348c6f_c.jpg

52061888915_ff6812911f_c.jpg

52061889035_c9c640d426_c.jpg

52062101965_d4acd0d1d6_c.jpg

52061637673_3b91d7cf4d_c.jpg

If you ever need a tow truck near Sisters Oregon, Davis towing was great to work with. Keep in mind that I was way off the paved roads. It took us almost an hour to creep out of the dirt once loaded.

52061580126_5c28587d26_c.jpg

We all made it safely home. Parts will be here this week to repair and get me through summer then the trailer is getting a major suspension upgrade.

I promise my next post will be food related!

Sucks about the leaf springs, but looks like you've been out enjoying the woods a lot, Case!

That shot with the huge log in the Solo made me laugh. :)

R

Case, you have some pretty cool equipment! I like the little propane fire pit. The log in the Solo is impressive too, how long did that burn?
Be safe!

Case, you have some pretty cool equipment! I like the little propane fire pit. The log in the Solo is impressive too, how long did that burn?
Be safe!
Well It burnt for a long time. Unfortunately we didn't get to sit by it much as it was dumping rain. We'd go out and sit by it when the rain let up a bit then under our tarp village and sit by the propane fire. The solo puts off to much heat and would've melted the tarps!

Sucks about the leaf springs, but looks like you've been out enjoying the woods a lot, Case!

That shot with the huge log in the Solo made me laugh. :)

R
Yeah the Solostove aficionados would be loosing their $h!t if they saw that! We do it all the time though.

The leaf spring will get fixed. I could of rigged something up to limp out of where I was, but since I had cell service and roadside I took advantage of it.

Sucks about the leaf spring.
Still looks like a good time out away from all of the day to day BS.

Lol...Great to see a Case post! You're one of the GOAT posters for sure, Case.

Love those pics. What's the green firepit all about?

I love everything about that first picture. The green “carpet” brings back instant awesome childhood pop up trailer camping. Obviously the broken spring is a real bummer, but just getting away is the real benefit - rain or shine. Thanks for the post!

Lol...Great to see a Case post! You're one of the GOAT posters for sure, Case.

Love those pics. What's the green firepit all about?
The Ukiah firepit is great. This is the bottom end of thire line. They specialize in fire pits that have built in speakers it bluetooth and flames that can dance to the music. This one just burns tanks or propane! We have it becaue fairly soon we wont be able to have real campfire due to forest fire season.

Time for a spring-over lift kit for the trailer.
Nope! After this season I'll be going with a Timbren axle less suspension. I would have done it now but I was under a time crunch and couldn't get all the parts in time to hit the road again.

Height has never been an issue with this trailer. I do plan on adding a 2" lift though when I go with the Timbren system.

Back