Stanbroil Stainless Steel Cooking Grates $25.99

I bought these same grates for my Silver C a couple months ago and just did a couple cooks on them they heat up nice,clean up real good, and after a few heat cycles we'll do even better.
I like them,would buy another set.

I ordered them few days ago but didn't see the promo for free Thermometer probe so canceled and reordered. Maybe I just missed it but right if mention it.

My grill has nice thick non-magnetic SS grates but they are pitted in places. I was just wondering if there are any suggestions on restoring these. I did wire cup them, and flap disk them with the grinder. Would a grinding disk on the grinder damage them?
20210617_210650.jpg

I agree with Bruce 100%. You could try an edge sander to see if you could make them somewhat better. Not sure it would be worth it, though, because you would likely go through a lot of sander sheets for a minimal gain. I know I haven't had a lot of luck. Like Bruce says, if it is a keeper, I would just use it!

If you are flipping, hit with cup brush angle grinder....if it's your personal cooker...just cook on it
I did hit it with cup on grinder, also flap disk on grinder, even tried a little hand sanding. It is my personal grill, but wanted to know if it could be smoothed out so it does not get worse. I guess those nooks and crannies will be just like Thomas English Muffins, and hold the flavor;-)

Back