Stanbroil Stainless Steel Cooking Grates $25.99

Samuel

TVWBB Wizard
Yah, that is a really good price. I ordered a couple sets a couple days ago and they were $29.99 then. It takes more than the 2-3 days shipping on them even with Prime.

I ordered a set for my Silver C. Would like another but a little low on cash at the moment. I ordered mine when I posted this late yesterday night and they say they will be here tomorrow on Sunday. @Bruce how would you rate them?

Last edited:
Samuel, I have not received mine yet. I will let you know when I do. I think they are scheduled for Tuesday delivery.

I ordered a set for my Silver C. Would like another but a little low on cash at the moment. I ordered mine when I posted this late yesterday night and they say they will be here tomorrow on Sunday. @Bruce how would you rate them?

I ordered a couple of them, and was really happy with them. They feel pretty solid. They had a promo where you got a free bbq cover as well (worth $17). I only bought 1 set to see the quality, bit now I wish I bought more to get the free cover.

So I recommend them at that price.

I had a set on a grill I gave to my friend. Nice grates. Cooking on them was fine and they cleaned up easy, but there was some movement when cleaned them as they are 17.3” and the cookbox is 17.5”. If your cookbox is heat warped front to back, the spacing becomes more noticeable. But for this price, it’s worth it.

I recently received my grates.
I can say they are Heavy Duty and Solid. They seem to be good quality. I think I am going to be happy with these.
What do you think @Bruce

They are now $27.99.

Samuel: I got mine yesterday. I have the same thoughts as you. They seem to be quality grates in the 7mm category. I tested them with a magnet and they are somewhat magnetic. So, they are likely not the cheapest SS but not 304 SS either.
Great buy for the price IMO.

Order a couple more and send them my way.
t0sG1c6.jpg

I am starting to think that these companies do a one off never to be seen again slightly magnetic who cares for the price also starting to beleive 201 is not the end of the world especially for the price. You rehab guys should IMO buy as many sets as you can because they can be gone in an instant.

So 3 years ago for my performer bought a set of stainless GBS grates from onlyfire paid 30 bucks advertised as stainless no magnet sticks to them to this day and the Weber plated steel would have shown rust by now they show none. You can't find them anymore and I did a search everywhere. I did a performer for a friend not long ago he bought since I found them advertised as 304 and I am sure they were since I took a magnet to them and it did not stick at all. If you click my link and at the time they were 46 bucks now they are 53 bucks but not for a 22 kettle the smaller one big difference he loves them. By the way is you click my link they are only hinged on one side the ones I had him buy were hinged on both sides.

How are you guys gauging magnetism? I have some small neodymium cubes... 300 stainless i feel a slight pull but hardly anything to get bent up about. 400 is enough to hold papers to the fridge.

304 SS can become slightly magnetic at the point where it is cold formed (bent) or welded as this changes it’s crystal structure. It still retains its non corrosive properties.

Also, a lot of welding stock is not 304 and you can get some magnetism from the weld material in the joints.

So let me understand this correctly when you buy Stainless Steel grill grates, flavorizer bars and burners you do not want them to be magnetized.

Samuel. Typically non-magnetized SS is associated with the higher quality stainless steels such as 304 and 316. They have more chromium and nickel in them or something like that than the other stainless steels like 403 and others. The 300 series versions are generally considered more durable and corrosion resistant, but also more expensive.

Like Bruce said previously, even 304 - or the even better 316 for that matter - can show a slight magnetism because the metal has been worked and welded. But 400 series stainless will grab a magnet with a whack. In my own experience, for stainless grates I have used Weber 430 grade stainless rod grates and found them to hold up fine. If you haven't looked at already, my "Stainless Grate Throwdown" looked at a lot of options which varied in their composition - as indicated by the magnetic attraction.

Back