Stainless Steel Grates for Weber 22" Kettle Seleware

Brian B Atlanta

TVWBB Gold Member
I just finished a performer for a friend of mine last thing was the cooking grate. This appears to be a fairly new entry in the Stainless arena claiming 304 I kind of like their design the rounding of the rods on the end but we will see the price was right and he just ordered it so should be in next week I will test it with a magnet to make sure its 304. This performer is going to a lake house so its not going to be used year round hopefully these will last forever but who knows.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W4MVP2W/?tag=tvwb-20

Someone please, please, make a SS Gourmet style grate.
Do you mean the Gourmet Barbecue System (GBS) style? I would love one of those. I bought a Killa Grilla grate for my WSM22 in 2019. It has been seeing use in the MT I picked up last fall. I love that grate. If only Killa Grilla would make a GBS grate!

I bought a Uniflasy GBS stainless grate.......DO NOT BUY that one. :( Hinges were not well made, and the hinged flap on both sides is prone to fall off. It's also the only "stainless" grate that I can get glowing red hot with just 3/4 of a chimney of briquettes. I've used it infrequently for about six months, it probably will end up in the landfill in the next month. :|

I don't need the GBS, so I'll go with the Weber version of the hinged grate.

R

Someone please, please, make a SS Gourmet style grate.

Yeah, well WEBER does! Only problem is they sell it in Europe and not in the USA:confused:. I got one a year and a half ago while on a once in a lifetime trip to Germany. It is stainless, but 430 not 304. Still very nice and definitely should be sold here in the USA!

Stainless Weber GBS Grate.jpeg

I can definitely understand the desire for the GBS grates on a coal burner, but they sell them for the Genesis grills as well. I think the biggest benefit of them is the ability to stoke coals or add coals during a cook with out lifting out the whole grate. But that isn't necessary on a gas grill. I don't much about the whole GBS system, but I think for most it is just a gimmick.

Is my lack of coal burning experience showing through here?

Look forward to your update. 🙂
So as promised went over to my Buddy's house took some pictures of course brought a magnet there is nothing on these grates that the magnet will stick to. My observation is they are spaced a bit more than the weber plated grates but on the wings the support bar is thicker. I guess if your doing small shrimp or vegies and worried about them falling thru maybe a concern but I never do that punch some holes in the tinfoil throw the stuff in there.

Quality looks great my Buddy is happy like me cause of his wife you most likely can buy the plated grates from Weber and run them with rust for years but that is not happening in my house or his. The grate will spin if you so desire just need to keep it centered.

Its Amazon unhappy return them no big deal this is not a cooking review that performer is going to the lake next month. The price is certainly more than reasonable since if they are tru 304 like they state you won't be buying another set for many many years. Not the greatest of pictures sorry.

Attachments

• IMG_1234[1].JPG
    IMG_1234[1].JPG
    230.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1235[1].JPG
    IMG_1235[1].JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1236[1].JPG
    IMG_1236[1].JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1237[1].JPG
    IMG_1237[1].JPG
    297.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1238[1].JPG
    IMG_1238[1].JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 15
So as promised went over to my Buddy's house took some pictures of course brought a magnet there is nothing on these grates that the magnet will stick to. My observation is they are spaced a bit more than the weber plated grates but on the wings the support bar is thicker. I guess if your doing small shrimp or vegies and worried about them falling thru maybe a concern but I never do that punch some holes in the tinfoil throw the stuff in there.

Quality looks great my Buddy is happy like me cause of his wife you most likely can buy the plated grates from Weber and run them with rust for years but that is not happening in my house or his. The grate will spin if you so desire just need to keep it centered.

Its Amazon unhappy return them no big deal this is not a cooking review that performer is going to the lake next month. The price is certainly more than reasonable since if they are tru 304 like they state you won't be buying another set for many many years. Not the greatest of pictures sorry.
Much appreciated Brian! I think I will order one. Thanks!

Much appreciated Brian! I think I will order one. Thanks!
Rich I think you wll be happy with them at least I hope so. Please post back your thoughts if you buy and cook on them remember these are going to a Lake House so he won't be cooking on them till next month. I have a set of GBS grates stainless bought years ago not 304 they pull a magnet but they are holding up very nicely I don't do vortex so the GBS thing is not important to me a bit of a pain to clean them as the center likes to pop out if your not careful.

Eric, I don't think anyone would dispute the Killa grates quality members have them here but your talking a lot more money kind of like the RC grates of the gasser world. I maybe use my performer once a month its not an investment I would make but someone like you who has 4 sets has to be doing way more cooking on the kettle than I do and I never tell people how to spend their money if your happy its all good.

I have a Thermapen Mk4 love it gets used all the time by myself and my wife there are less costly options so some people would think your nuts for spending $79 on sale for a Thermapen. :)

I have 4 Killa Grilla all SS 304 heavy duty, love them!
I have 3 of his. There is really not any comparison as Mark Baron/Killa Grilla grates are amazing, thick stainless and highest quality. But for a modest cost solution, these ones that are the subject of this thread are still a lot better than the Weber or other plated steel ones.

Thanks for update and pictures, Brian!

Back