Stainless Steel Cooking grates for the Q grills

So it looks like these are just regular grates with a solid SS piece that go over the burners. Pretty cool. Has anyone tried the Q 3200 variant of these ?

Last edited:
Sam, thanks for that review. I will be looking forward to a follow up after you have a chance to burn some cow flesh on it. Did you drop that in a Q100 or a later model?

I will be watching as well as since the actual cast iron grate is an integral part of the design and how heat is distributed it will be interesting. Because the grate is actually also the "radiant" much like a flavorizer bar. IIRC also on the rotisserie setup for the Q3xxx the grate is actually supposed to stay in place during use. So I really have my doubts on this setup

Very interesting...I also look forward to your real world results. Thanks for sharing the pictures. You can at least see that they are decently made and apparently 304 stainless, too.

I think Larry has legitimate concerns about the loss of radiant heat. Only real grilling can answer that. My initial reaction is that this might be less of an issue in a 100/1000 or a 300/3200 which both have favorable btu-to-size ratios. My favorite, the 200/2200, is not as blessed in that regard, so the extra boost from the hot cast iron may be more important on it than the small or large Q’s.

Radiant heat that is a useful concept. I see the point with the genesis flavor bars they act as radiant heat. I like that explanation. As i was growing up in Europe we used to heat the house with furnace made of terracotta type material and used real coal mine. It did put out a lot of radiant heat. I also see the grate from the Q series radiant as there is nothing else below the iron grate to act as such. Fire is an interesting topic. Cool explanations guys 🤙

Last edited:
So I finally purchased this...

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07T52ZVW6/tvwb-20

Blca3R4.jpg

MWyD9Zi.jpg

SICKOAB.jpg

R3damyR.jpg

The grate feels nice and solid and welds look pretty good. Of course the spacing could be better but the plate that covers the burner should be able to help with slipping burger patties and such. Did the magnet test and the magnets did not stick to the grates so maybe that's a good thing? We'll see how long this one will hold up though but so far not a bad buy at less than $50.
Sam, any updates on the Stainless grates???

Tom Bauer: I have the Custom Grill Grate for my Weber Smoky Joe and three(3) other Grill Grate Plates for my Weber Mastertouch. Totally Agree that they are one great product which I purchased around two(2) years ago.

Now those are interesting, I only use my Q-320 for veggies but I could see doing some meat on this stainless grate.

So I finally purchased this...

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07T52ZVW6/tvwb-20

Blca3R4.jpg

MWyD9Zi.jpg

SICKOAB.jpg

R3damyR.jpg

The grate feels nice and solid and welds look pretty good. Of course the spacing could be better but the plate that covers the burner should be able to help with slipping burger patties and such. Did the magnet test and the magnets did not stick to the grates so maybe that's a good thing? We'll see how long this one will hold up though but so far not a bad buy at less than $50.
Sam, any update on these? Q grates have been a topic again and I wondered about these.

I remember a thread last year where I seem to remember someone purchasing those and being happy with them. The price is certainly right and they should function just fine. I just am wondering how the gunk will collect on top of the burner guards.
But, if it was me, I would likely opt for those over the CI ones.

I remember a thread last year where I seem to remember someone purchasing those and being happy with them. The price is certainly right and they should function just fine. I just am wondering how the gunk will collect on top of the burner guards.
But, if it was me, I would likely opt for those over the CI ones.
The thing that I like about CI for the Q is that I think all that mass helps maintain an even temperature and possibly lower propane use. I think that CI grates without the ceramic which just peals off, would be ideal if you were to maintain them. Even if you don't, you could always refresh them like you do with CI pots. At least you don't have to worry about eating the coating. I have one SS grate for my Q and it never cleans up well once used. P Chicken.jpg

The CI grates probably do have a bit more heat retention, but if you are the kind of guy that doesn't open and close his grill real often, the gain is negligible.

Yeah Bruce, I remember another thread too where someone reviewed them but I can't find it. The nice ones you and Larry got, with the price increase, shipping and the difference in our dollar, they are just too much at $150.

The CI grates probably do have a bit more heat retention, but if you are the kind of guy that doesn't open and close his grill real often, the gain is negligible.
I guess it is a good thing I like CI because I am the kind of guy that likes to watch my food cook.

Joe, if you are keeping it open too much, those CI grates will eventually lose their heat and then it will take them a long time to heat back up....It is a two way street.

Joe, if you are keeping it open too much, those CI grates will eventually lose their heat and then it will take them a long time to heat back up....It is a two way street.
Since I have my remote thermometers I don't open as much any more.

Back