St Louis Ribs - Low and Slow

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
Well, that was the idea. However push came to shove and these were cooked at 275* more or less.
So kinda low and slow for me, considering I usually rotisserie cook them at 325*.

Made a 3x2 snake in the XL. Apple for smoke. Rubbed the ribs with Oakridge BBQ's Dominator and Habanero Death Dust.

BNhKAhz.jpg

4 1/2 hours and done.

Y5LOG3E.jpg

RBxfQNw.jpg

Time To Eat!!!

SpiJdT6.jpg

They sure were good. Bite-off-the-bone and juicy.
We like our ribs nekkid, however might foil and sauce next time just for something different.

Do you use both rubs on entire slab, or put one rub on top and another on the bottom ?

Nice lookin ribs, btw.

Nice looking ribs Robert. I do the same temp with my SL ribs and have been quite happy with the results.

I try not to put my temp probe that close to the meat, though a lot of the time, its impossible not to. I feel the lower temp of the meat influences the temp and I get false readings early in the cook. But as I said , its mostly unavoidable.

Wow, looks outstanding Robert! I have a few of the Oakridge Rubs but not the Dominator. Will give it a try. Haven't tried the HDD either. Sounds like it might be a bit too hot for my wife.

Do you use both rubs on entire slab, or put one rub on top and another on the bottom ?

Nice lookin ribs, btw.

Thanks, Lynn. I use both rubs on the entire slab.

Wow, looks outstanding Robert! I have a few of the Oakridge Rubs but not the Dominator. Will give it a try. Haven't tried the HDD either. Sounds like it might be a bit too hot for my wife.

Thank you, Cliff. Dominator is a good rub for chicken and ribs. I think you would like it. Yeah, HDD (you would like it, too) can get real fiery but I sprinkle the slab with a light/medium coating on top of the Dominator so I don't torch the wife. Gotta keep her happy.

Last edited:

Back