Spring Break Ribeyes, Mahi-Mahi & Salmon, + Wife's Homemade Sushi

Jak Stepan

TVWBB Pro
knocked out a nice cook this past Thursday nite, celebrating a few days off for spring break. heheh we were so hungry and happy we couldn't decide what to bbq, so we just did a variety. roasted and peeled 3 kinds of peppers and chopped them up in a dip (anaheims, japalenos, red bells). took the wife to a sushi rolling class last sunday and had a blast so she couldn't wait to roll some at home - both her nigiri and rolls were excellent, gotta love the wasabi. returned the favor and bbqd her fave slabs of beef - USDA Prime bone-in ribeyes. and of course some fish - a couple of mahi-mahi filets and atlantic salmon - to make it healthy right?

deviated from the exclusive salt & pepper on the steaks this time and doctored them up with a couple of Mediterranean herbed mixes as shown. both turned out excellent and would recommend them. one mahi-mahi filet got Penzey's bbq 3000 and the other got McCormick's Gourmet Greek Seasoning. salmon was dusted with Old Bay Blackening Mix and a little Lawry's.

don't normally drank on lite beer, but my outlaw brother (wifes husband) turned me on to this pretty blue bottle stuff... hmmm not bad - its 6% for a little spin.

a short visit to japan as the sun sets

back to texas and onto the pit goes the beef and fishes

see the smoke seeping? ... guess I need to tighten the wingnut. but think its a cool pic.

trying like hell to match some of yalls plated up pics

and the money shot

thanks for checking in. yall take it easy...

don't lift the lid...

Back