Special Kettle Returning Next Week?

What are you looking for? I don't mean that in a snarky way, I genuinely want to know. #IworkforWeber
No snark taken and hopefully no snark given. For me, a retro gasser harking back to the 1000 series or earlier Silver B designs in the classic red, blue, and green colors of old would be a dream come true. I’d also take the Westerner we were all hoping this might be. I’d even settle for a limited run of 40968012 drip pans. And yes, the drip pan request is said with tongue firmly in cheek (unless you can pull it off, of course!). Weber was ahead of the times for so long in the gas grill segment. With other players having caught up, rather than fighting back with a product of the quality that Weber aficionados have come to expect, they seem fine instead to find new ways to sell the same old kettle.

Last edited:
What are you looking for? I don't mean that in a snarky way, I genuinely want to know. #IworkforWeber
I think it’s clear we LOVE vintage reissues. The Glen Blue 26” is a perfect example. A Westerner, holy moly that would be nuts! A new avocado, lime green, brownie, dare I say a meat cuts, etc would give you guys a couple years’ worth of sales spikes to work with, I guarantee it.

Unfortunately I fear the 70th may scare you guys, as I’m fairly certain sales weren’t what y’all had hoped they would be. However, those are not vintage reissues like the Glen Blue was (which, THANK YOU guys for doing!) and they are more generally “vintage inspired” I would say.

I would go so far as to say oddball stuff like a Sequoia, Seville, Ranger, maybe even an actual wishing well special editions would be aces. And yes, even a vintage reissue of the classic Genesis redhead gasser would be awesome.

The ultimate would be a reissue of the OG George Stephen grill. You guys couldn’t make enough.

No snark taken and hopefully no snark given. For me, a retro gasser harking back to the 1000 series or earlier Silver B designs in the classic red, blue, and green colors of old would be a dream come true. I’d also take the Westerner we were all hoping this might be. I’d even settle for a limited run of 40968012 drip pans. And yes, the drip pan request is said with tongue firmly in cheek (unless you can pull it off, of course!). Weber was ahead of the times for so long in the gas grill segment. With other players having caught up, rather than fighting back with a product of the quality that Weber aficionados have come to expect, they seem fine instead to find new ways to sell the same old kettle.
+1 oh, and as long as we are wishing on a star. Please make more #10360 control panels for the Genesis 1000 grills.

Last edited:
A special kettle did return this week.

View attachment 70710
Someone from the Weber marketing department should buy it privately, and make sure the click bait media gets word that someone had paid that much for a 50 plus year old grill.

That should get “shares”.

#letsmakewebercoolagain…

Here is a pic of the new "orange" colored kettle.

Attachments

• ORANGE AT THE LAKE 2.jpg
    ORANGE AT THE LAKE 2.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 23

Back