SPAM haters, don't look!

Nate Frost

TVWBB All-Star
Wanted SPAM misubi today. Sliced and smoked the spam on the JJ for 45 min. Then cranked up the heat and a quick pan fry with Aloha teriyaki on the CI. Made 4 thaditional way, 2 with kimchi, and 2 with furikake.

20150830_105358.jpg

20150830_120225.jpg

20150830_120248.jpg

20150830_122308.jpg

20150830_125148.jpg

20150830_125452-1.jpg

Nice looking Musubi Nate! I'm from the islands so I do spam everything just like Bubba with his shrimp on Forrest Gump. My favorite is beer battered deep fried spam tempura! Nice cook Nate! are you from the islands also?

Think the last time I had spam was over 60 years ago, but it certainly wasn't prepared like that. Interesting.

I know its been over 60 years since I've had spam, not to sure about your way. But it was interesting, now I might try the way Greg said with a beer batter.

Great looking Musubi! Makes me wish I was still living in Waimea! Musubi and a bowl of Saimin to get your day rolling, oh yeah!

I would sure give that a try, but I'm a traditionalist. I like my Spam fried, with cheddar cheese, dill pickles and yellow mustard on Wonder bread.

I hear you. If it were still around, I'd be looking for Holsum bread....and then Kitty Clover potato chips to serve along side. Regional breads and regional chips seem to have all been swallowed up.

Nice looking Musubi Nate! I'm from the islands so I do spam everything just like Bubba with his shrimp on Forrest Gump. My favorite is beer battered deep fried spam tempura! Nice cook Nate! are you from the islands also?

I need to try the spam tempura, sound AWSOME. I'm not from the Islands but have family on Oahu. That's the Okinawan side of the family.

Totally agree, except I'd want Hart's bread, if I could still find it.

00071025006476_full.jpg

for us it was wonder bread.(continental bakeries , the defunct maker of Hostess Twinkies) and i like spam any way you slice it (or cook it) we even used to eat it cold , right out of the can. :p
and nate , yours looks wonderful. i would love to try that.

Back