Sous Vide Tri-Tip with cheater stove top Loaded Brussels sprouts and a sweet spud.

JeffG

TVWBB Emerald Member
The Brussels sprouts.
HsTmxinh.jpg

Bacon, Garlic, Andouille sausage.
0Yr4mr1h.jpg

Add the shrooms.

NBKFAi5h.jpg

Into the Jacuzzi at 134* for 4 hours.

KduHLAcl.jpg

Vortex and grill grates for the sear.

0GzNNMwh.jpg

Resting.

8B02wedh.jpg

Money shot.

1WA3XaTh.jpg

Thanks Cliff, The Tri-Tip comes out a little soggy from the Sous Vide cook, hence the funky grill marks.

Thanks Cliff, The Tri-Tip comes out a little soggy from the Sous Vide cook, hence the funky grill marks.

Great looking meal, Jeff. Regarding the soggy: do you pat your meat dry after the SV bath, before putting on the grill?

Great looking meal, Jeff. Regarding the soggy: do you pat your meat dry after the SV bath, before putting on the grill?

Jim, I put the tri-tip in Tony Chachere's Creole Style Beef marinade with rosemary spears.

l1zL6Eml.jpg

I did pat it down after the SV cook, and it came out amazing.

Thanks Michael,Chuck and Rich, I think it's time to retire my 20 year old cutting board to the Tailgate/Vacation bbq gear box.;)

The money shot is a piece of art my friend, love the sous vide. Been doing it a lot this winter. Well done Jeff

Thank you very much Bill, some like the sous vide cooking method some don't.

With time, I/we hope too see more great cooks from you.

I did a sous vide tri-tip this past weekend for my sister and her boyfriend, it came out so good that my sister was looking for my sous vide setup on amazon before she finished her meal. I kept mine in the bath for around 9 hrs @129 and only seasoned it with Montreal steak seasoning.

I did a sous vide tri-tip this past weekend for my sister and her boyfriend, it came out so good that my sister was looking for my sous vide setup on amazon before she finished her meal. I kept mine in the bath for around 9 hrs @129 and only seasoned it with Montreal steak seasoning.

AbeLos, I bet that Tri-Tip was tasty after 9 hrs in the jacuzzi, how did you sear it? Have any pictures?...we like pictures.
Your Sister is going to be very happy.

No pics this time, I finished it off on the grill, got good color on it. I did one a couple weeks ago that was in the bath for only 4 hrs and finished off under the oven broiler due to rain, not as good as the one that I did for 9 hrs.

I plan on doing a sous vide London Broil this weekend, I'll try to get some pics posted after the cook as long as it goes well.

Last edited:
Jeff, that is one fantastic cook. Everything looks delicious. I'd say the B.S. game from TJ's.

Jeff, that is one fantastic cook. Everything looks delicious. I'd say the B.S. game from TJ's.

Thanks Barb, my friends and I devoured the Tri-Tip, Brussels sprouts, and spuds in about in about 20 minutes.
The B.S. came from Stater Bros.

Jeff,

Your photography skills rival (or exceed) your skills with the grill. You are gifted with a great eye for composition,

Jim

Back