Something different for us..............

Rolf Jacobsen

TVWBB Emerald Member
Just Nancy & I tonight so we decided to try something a little different. We picked up two strip steaks and decided to do them like this………..
http://www.weber.com/recipes/beef/chili-strip-steaks-with-chimichurri-and-chipotle-drizzles
While I really like salt, I suggest doing one TSP instead of the recommend two TBS. You can always add later. The chimichurri was met with a cool reception but SWMBO is from Argentina and anything I do is an exercise in futility. :) The taters were par boiled for ten minutes and then cut up, hit with EVOO and received a heavy dusting of Penzeys Northwoods. This worked our great by the way. Try it. The asparagus was our usual Tarragon butter sauce. The mushrooms were simple butter. In the mean time, Nancy cut up some zucchini and hit it with an egg batter, spices and breaded it. This was good! I’m not overly impressed with strip steak but the flavor was excellent. The sides all rocked so all in all, it was a good dinner. Thanks for looking!

Prepped and ready...........
steak%20002-L.jpg

Done...........
steak%20006-L.jpg

Plated...........
steak%20013-L.jpg

Looks great. I have to take another shot at asparagus. I messed it up last time. Where did you find the flexible skewer?

Is that fire wire your using for your skewer? If so how well has it worked? Great looking grub!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Matt, yes it's Firewire. I like it for potatoes done this way. For kabobs I have a dedicates skewer set I like better. YMMV.

Back