Some weber accessories on clearance @ Lowe's

Brian Thomas

TVWBB Pro
When I was @ Lowe's on Fri getting a couple KBB twin packs to me through until Memorial Day, I did see a few weber accessories on clearance.

1) Bamboo wire brush. Reg price $10.99, reduced to $10.37.

2) Triangle wire brush. Don't remember the reg price, but it was marked down a similar amount.

3) Spirit GBS grate. This was marked down as well.

I did need a new bamboo wire brush as my current one is getting pretty grungy, so I picked one up.

So check out your local Lowes when you get a chance.

Those are not the kind of mark downs most people look for in the fall. The bamboo wire brush is is only discounted about 6%. Good if you really need one, but for .62 cents on a ten dollar item isn't going to get me in the car.
Last fall, I picked up Genesis Silver B/C burners for $14 a set and SS GBS grates for $34 a set at Home Depot. Those are the kind of discounts that get me excited.

Yeah those markdowns are not huge discounts by any means. I just happened to need a new bamboo grill brush so I got one. But if you need to go to Lowe's for something else, it can't hurt to check out the BBQ section while you're there.

Those are not the kind of mark downs most people look for in the fall. The bamboo wire brush is is only discounted about 6%. Good if you really need one, but for .62 cents on a ten dollar item isn't going to get me in the car.
Last fall, I picked up Genesis Silver B/C burners for $14 a set and SS GBS grates for $34 a set at Home Depot. Those are the kind of discounts that get me excited.
Same here.

Not a big fan of Lowe's, but when circumstances warrant the trip, I go directly to the grilling section. Sometimes they have insane discounts. I snagged a set of Genny B flavorizer bars for $12.00 and Stubbs charcoal for $3.00 a bag.

Those kind of savings will definitely get me in the car. 😉

Best thing about Lowe’s to me is they are close. I rarely find “good deals” there but, they also stock the “Operation Barbecue Relief” rubs and I can just order them and pick them up on the no contact zone. I have been known to walk out with a lot of crap I didn’t go in for when I walk through, “Oh, Yeah I need a 20# box of screws and a new drill and, circular saw!”

Best thing about Lowe’s to me is they are close. I rarely find “good deals” there but, they also stock the “Operation Barbecue Relief” rubs and I can just order them and pick them up on the no contact zone. I have been known to walk out with a lot of crap I didn’t go in for when I walk through, “Oh, Yeah I need a 20# box of screws and a new drill and, circular saw!”
"Operation Barbecue Relief" rubs?
I typically make my own, but will buy some rubs on occasion, (usually Dizzy Pig).
What do you like about the Operation Barbecue Relief rubs? Are there particular ones that you can recommend?

"Operation Barbecue Relief" rubs?
I typically make my own, but will buy some rubs on occasion, (usually Dizzy Pig).
What do you like about the Operation Barbecue Relief rubs? Are there particular ones that you can recommend?
Yes, happily!
I think the ”All Purpose” is an excellent general purpose rub, chicken, pork. Not just cayenne and salt, actual flavor! Sorry, most commercial stuff (even Harry Soo, sorry) Yardbird, Buffalo wing (Owens), pretty much all of them are flat out salty and cayenne with no real flavor.
I know this will irritate some folks but, that’s how I feel.
I just tried the Texas SPG, on a steak, again, good FLAVOR!
Used the “Sweet Smokey” on some wings last week, delightful!
“Florida Mojo” was very nice on some thick pork chops.
I have not tried all of them yet but, so far I’m pretty impressed with what I have. I am really impressed with what the organization does and I am happy to give them some support!
I know Chris has worked with them during some of the fires out there in the past.
Does that help?

Yes, happily!
I think the ”All Purpose” is an excellent general purpose rub, chicken, pork. Not just cayenne and salt, actual flavor! Sorry, most commercial stuff (even Harry Soo, sorry) Yardbird, Buffalo wing (Owens), pretty much all of them are flat out salty and cayenne with no real flavor.
I know this will irritate some folks but, that’s how I feel.
I just tried the Texas SPG, on a steak, again, good FLAVOR!
Used the “Sweet Smokey” on some wings last week, delightful!
“Florida Mojo” was very nice on some thick pork chops.
I have not tried all of them yet but, so far I’m pretty impressed with what I have. I am really impressed with what the organization does and I am happy to give them some support!
I know Chris has worked with them during some of the fires out there in the past.
Does that help?
Hell yeah it helps!

I agree that most commercial rubs are too salty and lacking in original flavor, which is why I make my own. How many salt/paprika/garlic/pepper combos are really necessary?

That, plus I dry-brine a lot and, to top it off, I'm a cheap bastard😁

It sounds like a Lowe's run is in my immediate future.
Thanks for sharing!

The rubs are ten bucks a pop but, a buck goes back to OBR from every bottle sold.
I’m glad it helped. I usually make my own too but, there are times when I just want something quick and these have been really good so far.
I agree, too many of the same basic concept, salt, cayenne, paprika, black pepper and “Spices”
I hope you enjoy some of them.
Had to run an errand, decided that a couple of nice bone on rib chops looked good for dinner! Might have to try another rub there tonight but the “Florida“ stuff was pretty darned good!

Last edited:
The rubs are ten bucks a pop but, a brick goes back to OBR from every bottle sold.
I’m glad it helped. I usually make my own too but, there are times when I just want something quick and these have been really good so far.
I agree, too many of the same basic concept, salt, cayenne, paprika, black pepper and “Spices”
I hope you enjoy some of them.
I have no issue with paying for quality and if it helps folk out, even better!

Thanks, again!

Today I found the Gourmet BBQ grates for $35 at my local Lowes.

Attachments

• 509CF7A6-80C0-4ADA-821F-0AB7963C9493.jpeg
    509CF7A6-80C0-4ADA-821F-0AB7963C9493.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 9
Dang, I was in HD today and didn't even take a walk though the BBQ aisle.
After looking over the BBQ area in the closest HD to us, I save the energy now. What little they have, beyond grills and charcoal, is grossly over priced. I can find better prices at out local Ace Hdwe. or Lowes.

Bob, I got some smokin hot deals on Silver B burners and GBS grates last fall at HD. The grates were about $35 and the weber burners were only $13 a set. I bought about 6 or 7 sets. All they had.

It's definitely all about timing. If you're out and about right before the holidays, it can't hurt to check out Lowe's and HD if you have the chance. You can sometimes find insane discounts on grilling accessories then.

Back