So I saw this at Costco today

LMichaels

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
1643758279338.jpeg

So Traeger and Costco have some kind of deal going with a special top to bottom warranty and a whole bundle of items. A rep was there telling me all about it. She also showed me a decent sized one the whole bundle about $550. Seems Traeger is making note of their ability to do some actual high temp grilling as well. Somewhat tempting.

Is this a tail gate smoker griller?
I see the battery clamps...
Really wish weber would have listened to me... oops I mean
It would be nice if Weber had a special event every three months at Costco.
I have been tempted by some of the deals at Costco. Traeger was at first worried abour Weber. So they did their best to stuff the chute with products. Getting as many people as possible in their system. Also their name out. Now they just trying to make money. Weber not as much of a worry. That is until a few people around here take charge and solve some brand, marketing, engineering, electronic, perfection issues.
Not to mention names but their initials are lmichaels, jon tofte....... etal

Something I've wondered about, and I think I can guess the answer...but if you fill the hopper with pellets and leave the pooper outside in the elements, do the pellets ever get soggy?

View attachment 44671

So Traeger and Costco have some kind of deal going with a special top to bottom warranty and a whole bundle of items. A rep was there telling me all about it. She also showed me a decent sized one the whole bundle about $550. Seems Traeger is making note of their ability to do some actual high temp grilling as well. Somewhat tempting.
Larry,
I think you should hold out for a good deal on a Camp Chef, Recteq (if you can find one), or - if you are willing to be more adventurous - a Weber SmokeFire.

Yeah hard to say how I will proceed. Been keeping my peepers open for a SmokeFire but nothing has appeared in the area

Speaking of Pellet grills, does anyone know anything about this one. Definitely affordable.

That screams hopper fire (imho)

0e4ea2a3-e258-441d-8bc5-b217e697919a._AC_SR882,441_.png

View attachment 44671

It does look interesting, I'm not sure I'd be swayed by the $550 version, but the $330 version does indeed look interesting

When buying I like to read the 1, 2, 3, stars reviews and get turn away quickly.
Save lots of money that way.

Like to know why it screams hopper fire also. z Grills has been building pellet grills for other manufacturers for many years including Traeger, I suspect they know what they are doing they occupy the lower end for people who don't want to spend big money on a pellet grill maybe getting their feet wet or whatever.

Back