Smoking Marathon Part 1: Bacon, Ribs and Tri Tip

Jon Des.

TVWBB Gold Member
In addition to the cheeses I smoked last week, we're also making bacon for presents this year. And I'm curing and smoking the ham for Christmas dinner, but that will be another post. This was a 14-15 hour smoke involving 40+ pounds of meats from various animals.

16 pounds of belly in an equilibrium brine. Somewhere else was about 3 pounds of loin becoming Canadian bacon.
DSC_1330_zps1c53a94a.jpg

A little more than half of it became pepper bacon. Here it is stuffed into a rib rack (the ham was down below).
DSC_1394_zpsa0609acc.jpg

Once all 6 pieces of belly bacon were done, ribs and tri tip went on.
DSC_1400_zpsf3315d29.jpg

The tri was just in the rib rack to get a little smoke and then seared to finish on the gasser.
DSC_1402_zpsfd8a56da.jpg

TT plated with some roasted garlic mashed potatoes.
DSC_1410_zpsbe4968ec.jpg

Pepper bacon done.
DSC_1397_zps94a89a78.jpg

I hate to show favorites among my bacons, but this stuff is photogenic.
DSC_1421_zpsda3b3465.jpg

If you were keeping score at home, you know that there are still a few hunks of meat unaccounted for. The Canadian bacon didn't go on until the ham came off (after 12 hours) and took a few more hours. The ribs came off with the Canadian bacon and will be served at my inlaws on Christmas night. Everything else that would sit still long enough got sliced.
DSC_1424_zps3be37775.jpg

And packaged.
DSC_1425_zpsc042061a.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Jon, you DO have my ADDRESS, do you not??!!
HoleyBalls Mister, I think you kicked more than *** with this post...
THIS ▼ is like a butcher shoppe dude!

DSC_1424_zps3be37775.jpg

John it looks like Camp Hill is only a couple of hours from here. Exactly where do you live and is here any left? Merry Christmas!!!!

Very nice!!! looks like you were extremely busy and everything looks fantastic!!! You are going to make a bunch of people happy with that haul!

Terrific smoke-fest there Jon!! That's gonna be some seriously good eats! I'll take a pound of pepper bacon and a pound of canadian please ;).

I LOVE bacon. I mean LOVE LOVE LOVE it! But even among all those scrumptious bacon pics, I noticed the perfectly cooked tri tip! Great cooking Jon!

That right there is an insane amount of food. All of it looks great and wish I could make that much at one time. I would have no place to store it all.

I'm plumb tuckered out, and I didn't even do anything!
But I'm ready to fry up some of your beautiful bacon Jon!
cooking-egg-31.gif

Back