Smokey McRibs, Armadillo Eggs and Death by Mac N Cheese

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
Tonight’s dinner comes from a couple of videos I saw on You Tube. I copied Greg’s (Ballistic BBQ)
recipe for McRibs almost exactly, exact I used Jack Daniels BBQ sauce instead of his homemade
JD sauce. The Armadillo eggs and Death by Mac N Cheese came from those 2 videos by
Stoked on Smoke.

I seasoned the sliced pork loin last night with Bone Suckin Rub. The armadillo eggs were a
variation of what he did in the video. I didn’t have any sausage and didn’t want to go to the store
so I used hamburger.
DSC_0846_zpsf3c971ef.jpg

Put onto the Performer, using Stubbs Charcoal with 2 hickory chunks. Will try to maintain a temperature of 250.
DSC_0852_zpsfd3f23df.jpg

The McRibs and Armadillo Eggs are done. I glazed the ribs with Jack Daniels BBQ sauce over direct
heat to let it caramelize.
DSC_0855_zps2a598971.jpg

Here is the Death by Mac N Cheese which was baked in the oven.
DSC_0858_zps77254a77.jpg

I put pickles and onion on my McRib sammie.
DSC_0861_zps5b060b19.jpg

All I can say is WOW! I never had a McRib from Mickey D’s that tasted like this, plus this is real meat!
The Armadillo Eggs were delicious and the jalapenos still had a crunch to them. Will try this one again
once I get some sausage. The Mac n Cheese is not for the weak hearted. It is totally unhealthy,
but oh so dang good! Definitely worth making again, but I probably (and my doctor won’t let me) :cool:
have this as a steady source of Mac N Cheese.

Thanks for looking!

Awesome cook, Mike! I'll take my chances on the death by mac n cheese.:eek: Fix me a plate and I'll be there soon!:cool:

Looks really good Mike...it all looks super...never had a mc rib and after seeing yours I'll probably have to make my own cause you made it look great! That Mac and cheese was a game changer!

Yum!

"The Mac n Cheese is not for the weak hearted. It is totally unhealthy"

I'll take my chances with yours Mike!
remember the old healthy diet saying, if it tastes good, spit it out.

Mc D's clown never had it so good with a McRib like you made!
All around fine cook, and photographs!

"I'll take my chances with yours Mike!
remember the old healthy diet saying, if it tastes good, spit it out."

Bob, at my age, if it tastes good I eat it!! And if it is really good, I will eat it again! :D:cool:

Awesome Mike - All the recipes look fantastic. I'm going to have to try these out - especially liking the eggs. Nicely done sir - wish that was my lunch plate right now!

mike, really... everything looks FANTASTIC!

butt please SEND ME THAT PLATTER of MAC N CHEESE PLEASE!!!!

Eggs look really cool, like little tiny meat loafs with stuffing........yours look better than the video guy............d

Back