SmokeFire issues on YouTube.

I watched this video and its very interesting to me anyway he is pitting the traeger against the smokefire probably cause he sells those. He makes some observations about design and he is not totally dismissing the smokefire if some changes can be made. He also makes a good point on customer service experience the actually people supporting the grills watch it yourself if your interested.

I tried a longer cord plugged into an outdoor outlet with a GFI, it tripped it every time.
Jon, have you tried replacing that outdoor GFI. They do go bad on occasion the one outside on my deck even though I had a cover over it bit the dust a few years ago I was just running an orbital sander and it kept tripping even though I knew nothing else on that circuit was running at the time like a vacuum cleaner or anything else. I installed a new one no problems every since but I can't say I use it all that much but I had used it more than once in the early fall with a shop vac was re-staining the deck.

Jon, have you tried replacing that outdoor GFI. They do go bad on occasion the one outside on my deck even though I had a cover over it bit the dust a few years ago I was just running an orbital sander and it kept tripping even though I knew nothing else on that circuit was running at the time like a vacuum cleaner or anything else. I installed a new one no problems every since but I can't say I use it all that much but I had used it more than once in the early fall with a shop vac was re-staining the deck.

Good idea, Brian. I think the issue was that the initial burst to get the firepot going draws a lot of juice. After that it is actually a very low power requirement device. My GFI always tripped right on start-up.

If you want to read all of Meathead's drama from last night, its been saved and is at The Brethren

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278659&page=22

Just to add, and this is my honest viewpoint, at times I've wondered if Meathead was being paid to offer positive reviews, but it mainly revolved around the Slow N Sear . He raves about it. I don't see the value, which is my opinion and my opinion only. I don't see how someone could be so in love with it, but that's just me. Lotsa stuff about grilling and barbecue that I don't fully understand, I could be wrong.

As to Mike and his YT channel, Everyday Barbecue , he was given a Camp Chef Winwood to review. And at the end of his SmokeFire review he tells people to not buy SmokeFire, buy Camp Chef. He could be the most honest person on Earth, but when he made that statement he lost me. Should've just left that out of his SmokeFire Review. At that point, he became a paid spokesman for a Weber competitor.

And I don't think BBM staged the grease fire in his SmokeFire. That was real. Hard to deny that nor arrive at any reason why BBM would not be telling it like it is.

Now , if BBM is given a Camp Chef in the next few months, then all bets are off ...........o_O;) but I don't see that happening.

Weber is still promoting the SF on FB this evening. They have a link to a Kevin Kolman video.
They're getting roasted in comments.
Here's one Weber reply to someone concerned about buying one after all the bad reviews:
"Hi Nathan! We’ve found that of the thousands of SmokeFire grills currently in use, only a small percentage are having challenges. We’re working directly with grillers who have reached out to our Consumer Care team to get them grilling again."

Here's KK's video:

For some reason, watching that clip makes me think that Mr. Kolman wishes he had the Jedi skills of Obi Wan.

Attachments

• SW.png
    SW.png
    319.4 KB · Views: 0
Meat head speaking his mind, I’ve written some fun stuff after a cocktail or three and had to erase it before someone quoted me and it was there forever.🙂

It’s a tough one, the SF has some issues but I’m leaning towards keeping mine, might be a collector’s item like the Weber fire pit’s, or as Kevin Kolman says it will get some updates and get dialed in.

Meathead has deleted the Tweet.

He was on a Twitter rant last night. Some people on FB had attacked his integrity and he tweeted alot about it , defending himself and his site. Best I can tell, all the Tweets were deleted.
I'm not on twitter but I don't understand why people write things for the world to see and then delete them. Okay, maybe they are not not thinking when they are ranting and venting but if you mean what you are saying, stand by it. Don't try to hide it, you lose credibility in my opinion.

I'm not on twitter but I don't understand why people write things for the world to see and then delete them. Okay, maybe they are not not thinking when they are ranting and venting but if you mean what you are saying, stand by it. Don't try to hide it, you lose credibility in my opinion.

I think maybe Meathead had enjoyed some alcoholic beverages on a Saturday evening and read something he did not want to hear.

Here's a YouTuber who is happy with his SF. He's done a lot of cooks on it. He's done several videos of a few of his cooks. They're all connected so ya kinda have to get back to his first one to follow what he's doing . He's not cleaning his SF. I think he's trying to force a grease fire but I'm not sure he's done a long cook of a fatty meat, however. He's not done a vid on one, anyway.

Located in Vegas. He has a really nifty built in pellet dispenser on his patio. Also owns a stick burner, a Yoder 640, and I think he has/had a Yoder 1500s . So he's not new to pellet pooping.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCux5WwCUWhR-qgBPUl8ZssA

Here's a YouTuber who is happy with his SF. He's done a lot of cooks on it. He's done several videos of a few of his cooks. They're all connected so ya kinda have to get back to his first one to follow what he's doing . He's not cleaning his SF. I think he's trying to force a grease fire but I'm not sure he's done a long cook of a fatty meat, however. He's not done a vid on one, anyway.

Located in Vegas. He has a really nifty built in pellet dispenser on his patio. Also owns a stick burner, a Yoder 640, and I think he has/had a Yoder 1500s . So he's not new to pellet pooping.

I've watched what he's done. He has noted the hopper problems, and once or twice had electronics glitches, but mostly uneventful with other issues. That pellet dispenser you mentioned is really slick. And there's just something about a pet pig running around as he starts up the smoker.

I watched his entire SmokeFire series and this guy is the real deal, using it straight and honest and clearly a very experienced griller. He made a pork butt and that was probably his "fattiest" cook. There are sooo many very variables in this entire launch but the trends are real. Like any bell curve of results, there are extreme experiences at both ends and a whole bunch of people in the middle, however when you aggregate the trending problems, those are the facts and everyone needs to accept those and leave the passion/emotion aside.

I've watched what he's done. He has noted the hopper problems, and once or twice had electronics glitches, but mostly uneventful with other issues. That pellet dispenser you mentioned is really slick. And there's just something about a pet pig running around as he starts up the smoker.

He must be very happy with his SF, he's gonna build it into his cook shack. And he's not in Vegas any more, says he's in Missouri.

He must be very happy with his SF, he's gonna build it into his cook shack. And he's not in Vegas any more, says he's in Missouri.

He had been happy with the SF for the most part. I still can't decide if I like his style. But he does seem to be very straight forward which I do respect.

Back