SmokeFire issues on YouTube.

I saw this vid this morning. Trendkill was very positive about his SmokeFire and now he says he got rid of it , took a big loss. IDK what happened ?

But he's getting an Old Country Brazos, same offset I have. I will be VERY interested to see him operate the smoker.

Glad to see good things for him, he seems to be a straight shooter.

He’s a big timer now, he sure did change his tune on the SF once he was getting free smokers thrown at him.

He’s a big timer now, he sure did change his tune on the SF once he was getting free smokers thrown at him.

I have to trust he's telling us exactly as it happened behind the scenes. He's still not monetized his YT channel. He says he took a big loss on the SmokeFire. He says he bought the Masterbuilt and Old Country GF's.

But having someone give you a $1,000 smoker because they liked your YT vids ... IDK, I'll take him at his word. Old Country is known to do this. They've sent smokers to the Mad Scientist YT Channel. They give smokers to a poster at the BBQ Brethren going by Smitty Jonz. There's most likely others that I'm not aware of.

I have to trust he's telling us exactly as it happened behind the scenes. He's still not monetized his YT channel. He says he took a big loss on the SmokeFire. He says he bought the Masterbuilt and Old Country GF's.

But having someone give you a $1,000 smoker because they liked your YT vids ... IDK, I'll take him at his word. Old Country is known to do this. They've sent smokers to the Mad Scientist YT Channel. They give smokers to a poster at the BBQ Brethren going by Smitty Jonz. There's most likely others that I'm not aware of.
I agree, I think he is being honest and straightforward. It is a fine line to walk though when there are manufacturer incentives but he said the free one came with no strings, so I'll take him at his word. If his honest feedback can help them to build better products, everyone wins. Maybe Weber should have seeded the market with beta grills and gotten input instead of sponsoring a dog and pony show? Just sayin'...

O just watched one of his videos about the free smoker and he already had one good idea I liked for a simple upgrade on it. Not burning your hand is always nice.

O just watched one of his videos about the free smoker and he already had one good idea I liked for a simple upgrade on it. Not burning your hand is always nice.

Never had to worry bout burning my hand on my Brazos. I use my fire poker to do everything with the firebox.

I've added gaskets to the cook chamber door, an extension to my stack, a probe port, fire bricks in the firebox, and an LSG fire management basket.

Back