SmokedSausage 4 jambalaya & pulledPork

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
like most preparing for the extreme cold weather and high wind advisories in this area, we're cookin' ahead.
today, a small butt on the WSM with polish sausage overhead.

DSCN1208.JPG

DSCN1211.JPG

DSCN1213.JPG

after 2 hours at 250ºF, this is the cooked Keilbasa.

DSCN1214.JPG

DSCN1217.JPG

the andouille was previously smoked...
now, let's celebrate the fact we did not burn ourselves or any other in this process ;)

DSCN1219.JPG

once the sausage was smoked, all the fixin's for this Jambalaya concoction was sliced and diced.
we got the onions, celery and peppers... gaaaaaaalic and tomatoes with the rice in the wings...
and two pounds of those sweet mudbugs all waiting their turn in the pot.

DSCN1220.JPG

DSCN1221.JPG

andouille on the left, keilbasa on the right.

DSCN1222.JPG

to be continued..... ▼

DSCN1223.JPG

nearly everyone in the pot...

DSCN1225.JPG

and the rice....

DSCN1227.JPG

and the broth after 30 minutes or there abouts...

DSCN1228.JPG

I sampled a small portion, it's pretty daggum good!

DSCN1231.JPG

that was about 3 this afternoon... this photo ▼

DSCN1232.JPG

...is the wild animals waiting ▲ to get their share of some pulled pork ▲ at ten-thirtyPM tonight, only an hour ago.
yeah, the pork, a 5 pounder took nine hours to reach 195º and i finished it in the oven the last two hours.

DSCN1235.JPG

no plated pics, cuz.... well, i have no reason.
Thank you for visiting and enjoy the artic air wherever you may be.

Wow Jim,.. You out did your self!! I'm doing some sausage in the morning for Sunday football brunch!! Gotta tell ya..I really want some of that Sam Adams...haven't seen that one yet!

I think my jambalaya is one of the best, but I will try your recipe as it looks awesome! I usually just use B/S thighs and smoked sausage (sometimes shrimp too). I'd like to try the crawfish. Really nice job, jazz cat!

Looks fantastic bud! Love the looks of those Keilbasa after some time in the smoke. Never done a jambalaya myself,but it looks darn good! Quality!

Jim, Ol’ pal, Ol’ buddy, Ol’ friend of mine…. Why don’t you take about half of that there Jambalaya, put it in a bag, freeze it, and overnight it to my house. Just a little suggestion. :)

Another fantastic post. Quick questions....how long do you typically smoke your tomatoes on the WSM? Also, what did you think of the SA maple pecan porter?

thanks folks! :)

Todd, when i do smoke tomatoes, they on pretty long... like 5 to 6 hours. Actually cooking them down to sauce for pasta or chili and the smoke flavour is awesome in each dish.
The Sam Maple Pecan is as bad as i thought it would be (bought the Sam Adams Spring Thaw 12pack sampler)... I usually do not drink porters, butt it was good. Have one left, sure that will be spent today.

Joe, this is the recipe i use for jambalaya... made this numerous times and the crayfish adds alot of flavour.

That is some great cooking, Jim! I love how the sausages get nice and plump and colorful. I have to give the jambalaya a try.

Last edited:
Jim nice cook...the weather sure did change over night...however, I will take a bowl of your Jambalaya!

Back