Smoked Pot Roast

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Wanted to try something different with my pot roast. Decided to try smoking the roast on low heat for about 1 ½ - 2 hours then putting it in the braising liquid to finish it so it would be as tender as possible.
Did the smoking on the performer at around 225 with just one tray of used coals and one chunk of pecan to get a light smoke. That setup worked perfectly ended up going just over an hour and a half.
Seeing my back still isn’t 100% I had to finish the cook on the stove as the cold air was getting to my back and I can’t stand for very long periods.
All I’ll say is it came out great with a light smoky taste throughout the meat, veggies and the gravy Barb made.

S1030888_zps0b7b8ac6.jpg

S1030891_zps31b90342.jpg

S1030895_zpsa570515a.jpg

S1030898_zpsa7ac07b0.jpg

S1030902_zpsb43811a3.jpg

S1030906_zps2a8bb9a8.jpg

S1030907_zps0e69501d.jpg

S1030912_zpsd3086891.jpg

S1030910_zps30f9dea0.jpg

Thanks for taking a look see

Oh boy Rich, you hit a home run with this one. That is one delicious bowl of food! Like your technique on that pot roast. Way to go!

Wow, you cook great on your own my friend but when you combine with your better half some magic happens like that dish, well done you two

Rich - that is a great idea. I bet the flavor was wonderful. I hope your back gets better soon...

regards,

john

Great job Rich! I have been wanting to make pot roast on the grill. You nailed it and have inspired me to go for it.

That looks superb!! Take care of that back. I ended up in the hospital earlier this year with my back problems. Snapped it out changing house water filters. I could not even move. Followed the protocol, lost weight (doctor insisted) , did not force any issues and I'm now pretty good. But, my wife brought home the "cough cold" that's going around and I'm starting the second week with it. The Christmas cook might be off this year :(.

That looks superb!! Take care of that back. I ended up in the hospital earlier this year with my back problems. Snapped it out changing house water filters. I could not even move. Followed the protocol, lost weight (doctor insisted) , did not force any issues and I'm now pretty good. But, my wife brought home the "cough cold" that's going around and I'm starting the second week with it. The Christmas cook might be off this year :(.

Sorry to hear that Jose here's hoping for a quick recovery.

Back