Smoked Moroccan Lamb + Ribs.

TonyUK

TVWBB Guru
Going to try North African style smoked lamb today. And some ribs.

Lamb.
> 2.5lb Rolled Lamb Shoulder.
> Prep: Spicy harissa paste glaze home made rub.

33jjy9u.jpg

Ribs.
> Pork Back Ribs.
> Prep: Sriracha + W'shire Sauce glaze, KC rub.

24dh64p.jpg

Went outside to prep the WSM, & it started to snow!!

15oi8h2.jpg

> Method: Minion.
> Fuel: Weber 240's.
> Smoke: Hickory/Apple Combo.
> Cook Temp: Shooting for +/- 250F.
> IT Target: 145F for the lamb.
> Pan foiled but no water.

2i5v5.jpg

Will report back later with good results.......fingers crossed. Thanks.

Last edited:
Let's cook!

idsykz.jpg

After the lamb was removed, 145F, 3 hrs in.

2rqzwus.jpg

Pre-carve on the lamb, after a 45 min rest.

2cra5gn.jpg

Lamb carved. Beautifully moist.

691i7q.jpg

Ribs carved.

2ym5zyg.jpg

Your plate. Simple salad, baby new potatoes. Enjoy & thank you for looking. Enjoy the rest of weekend. :)

2n9gh9i.jpg

Great looking cook.

I've been looking for a solid lamb rub. Mind sharing your recipe for the Spicy harissa paste glaze home made rub?

Sure Miguel.

The harissa paste was shop bought.

The rub consisted of: Dried carraway seeds, dried corriander seeds, dried cumin, dried mint, dried garlic, smoked paprika powder & dried red chillies. All equal quantities. Put into a mortar & pestle and grinded. You could also add evoo and make it a paste in itself. I used the shop bought harissa paste so the dry rub would stick to the meat.

Outstanding looking plate, Tony. Thanks for sharing. Lamb is something I don't have readily available very often. Yours looks delicious, and that rib rub/paste sounds great too.

Looks great Tony! Harissa and lamb go great together! My wife makes a lamb dish with Harissa and it is great!

This really looks great! We love lamb, but usually do it on the grill. Great to see some good recipes like this one to try out on the smoker!

Sure Miguel.

The harissa paste was shop bought.

The rub consisted of: Dried carraway seeds, dried corriander seeds, dried cumin, dried mint, dried garlic, smoked paprika powder & dried red chillies. All equal quantities. Put into a mortar & pestle and grinded. You could also add evoo and make it a paste in itself. I used the shop bought harissa paste so the dry rub would stick to the meat.

Thanks Tony!

Back