Smoked Chicken Wings

S Riddell

TVWBB Super Fan
I saw all the posts from last week about chicken wings and I had to steal some of the ideas. And my wife just happened to bring chicken wings home from the grocery store.

Wicked Good lump mixed with some cherry wood. Started with a Weber cube which I forgot I had until a recent post about them....thanks again!

Wings dusted with my "Memphis" rub

On the WSM. I learned from previous posts and kept the water pan and bottom rack out. I will do this with chicken from now on....thanks again!

After a flip flop

Ready for some sauce...after 2 hours

Found these the other day at Canadian Tire. 10 wings will be sauced in each

Tossed in some sauce and put back on the WSM for 20 minutes for the sauce to set up...and ready to EAT!

And plated with a caesar salad. The Korean BBQ wings are in front and the Habanero mustard are in the back.

The flavour of these sauces were really good. The Habanero had a touch of heat and the Korean was sweeter. I will be using these again. I will also be cooking chicken this way on the WSM from now on. The skin was actually crispy unlike my first attempt which made me wonder whether smoked wings would work for me. Thanks for showing me the way everyone!

Any day that I get to do this :wsm: is a good day...especially on a TUESDAY!

Outstanding! That's the way a smoked/grilled wing should look. Only negative I see is all of the empty space on the grill...load that thing UP! BTW, what temp did you cook them at?

Yeah, what temp for crisp skin? The first ones I did were not.

Nice cook.

This is just beautiful! Nice wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P5070414_zps71b1a42a.jpg

Nice post, makes me want to take the jump and add a WSM to my collection.

That would be a purchase you would not regret Mike.

Those are great looking wings. The WSM gives the distance you need to cookem that way without worrying about any flame. I love the length of the cook. Plenty of time to get smoke.

I put the wings on as it was coming up to temp at about 200 by the dome. I closed the vent on the windward side and closed the other 2 to 1/2 open when the dome hit 300. I didn't check the temp at the grate but from my last cook that I did its about 25 degrees hotter at the grate.

Mike - get the WSM, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the comments everyone...much appreciated

you've found the secret to GREAT "grilled" wings Scott!
using the WSM is GENUIS!
and your wings are on my menu for tomorrow!

Wings look fantastic. Since I get to choose the next challenge cook, wings are on my short list for next cook...................d

Back