Smoke Day brisket

I was disappointed to find the thin edge of the brisket folded over onto itself, making the flat look thicker and more even in the Cryovac than it actually was. I doubt it was intentional, but then again...

IMG_0360[1].JPG

IMG_0361[1].JPG

Brisket point is done. Cooled it to 170*F then wrapped it in foil to keep it warm while I take a *short* nap. Packer brisket wrapped in butcher paper and finishing in the oven. I didn't load up the WSM with as much charcoal as I intended and temp started to drop around the time I was wrapping. No big deal, moving to the oven once wrapped is a perfectly acceptable option. Will post a photo of that guy later. Here's a photo of that lone point I cooked. Someone on IG asked where I got a point by itself. I separated it from a whole brisket back in 9/2018 when Mrs. TVWB needed a brisket flat for a braised brisket recipe. Hoping this point turns out OK. I was vacuum sealed and didn't look or smell funny coming out of the package. Yes, I know it exceeds recommended length of storage for frozen meat. :)

IMG_0219[1].JPG

Back