Saturday Pork Butt

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
8 pound pork butt that was injected with a Ray Lampe injection marinade last night from this book.
It was also seasoned with Ray Lampe’s BBQ Rub #67 (from the same book) and then wrapped in foil
and put into the refrigerator until this morning. This morning it was removed from the refrigerator
and given another small dose of the BBQ rub.

Put onto the WSM, using KBB with a mixture of cherry and hickory wood.

The WSM got quite a workout starting last night. Some of my wife’s co-workers wanted my peach
pork butt for the Labor Day weekend and I got volunteered to do them again. :eek: I got them on the
WSM last night at 7:30 PM and they were done this morning at 10:00 AM. No prep shots or action shots,
just the butts wrapped in foil and letting them rest for a few hours before pulling. I need to add
that the full charcoal ring of coals still had about ¼ left, so just refilled it and put some new wood
in for our pork butt.

Butt is finished resting and ready to pull.

Served on torta bread with some leftover rice.

Melt in your mouth delicious pork butt! WSM was still going strong with about ½ of the coals left.
But, I am not up to an all-night cook again tonight. Getting too old for 2 over nighters in a row! ;)

Thanks for looking!

Fantastic looking food and photos, Mike! I'm sure your wife's co-workers will be very happy!!:)

You still using the 40mm micro?

Looks terrific Mike!!

not to take anything away from dr bbq, but everytime I see the name Ray Lampe, I see my dad.
See, my dad is the Original Ray Lampe... maker of the best egg omelet and the KING of kick@$$ grilled chicken this side of the Mississippi.
th_proud.gif

Thanks everyone for your kind words. :)
Ed - yep haven't taken the 40mm off my D7000 since I got it!
Jim L - You learned well from your dad Jim. Believe it or not when I first heard of Ray Lampe (DR BBQ) I was
wondering if you too were related! ;)

Looks delicious Mike. Was that lump or briquette you used - seems like you had a nice long burn time. Looking forward to doing some pork butts here sometime soon.

Wow Mike! That must have felt like ground hog day! :) SHEW! Have a drink on me. You are definitely a BBQ master, NICE!

Back