Saturday Baby Backs #WSCG

WB Zipf

TVWBB Pro
Today I tackled baby backs on the WSCG. Here is how they looked before I put them in. They were rubbed with Oakridge compitition pork and beef rub, with the Oakridge Dominator sweet rib rub on top.

image_zpsovimidfq.jpeg

Here is how they looked 1/2 way through the cook.

image_zps5aff4ded.jpeg

After letting them cook for 3 1/2 hours at 250f, I slathered them with SBR's and this is how they looked when they were done.

image_zpsvcxlyu6p.jpeg

I have to say, I love the temperature control on the WSCG! I mean, I wanted to cook these ribs at 250, I got it dialed in, and without an ATC, I could keep this running between 240f and 260 f without even paying attention. It just works!

But then it was time to cook a steak for my duaghter who doesn't like ribs. I adjusted the charcoal grate up to the grill setting and produced this. Sorry, it was mostly eaten befor I could take a picture.

image_zpstq119gfg.jpeg

All done on the WSCG.

Phenomenal ribs & steak, WB! I've enjoyed living vicariously through Summit Charcoal owners and hearing their observations of what it's like to cook on one. You really need to do something about your daughter not liking ribs. It's very simple mathematical equation at work here :D:

Steak + Ribs > Steak - Ribs

Phenomenal ribs & steak, WB! I've enjoyed living vicariously through Summit Charcoal owners and hearing their observations of what it's like to cook on one. You really need to do something about your daughter not liking ribs. It's very simple mathematical equation at work here :D:

Steak + Ribs > Steak - Ribs

I agree - I'd have made her share a little anyway :)

WB, ribs look super but steak was cooked to perfection.
One question, you rub bone side with Oakridge Competition and meat side with dominator?
I got it ?

No actually, I laid the base on bothe sides with Oakridge Comp, and then sprinkled both sides with dominator. The reason I tried it this way was because my wife and I found the Dominator's cinnamon a bit overpowering. This method toned it down to my liking, but my wife is still not a fan of the cinnamon.

Back