Rotisserie Crispy Skin

That looks excellant, I love how the white meat shines from its own juices and the skin color is real golden .
Yep that is a keeper.

Next time I'll position the TT away from the forks of the spit. It was a challenge getting them set.

Temp was 425F according to the lid gauge.
I use the turbo trusser the opposite way, meaning, the plate is where the legs are dangling, you put one leg in each rut, then run the spikes through the holes and hold on to the wings with the hooks. Your hooks are holding the legs, that's what I thought was interesting. Then again, I only do one bird at a time usually. One time I did two at once. But I don't want to do that again, it was too hard to get the double chickens firmly on the spit.

I use the turbo trusser the opposite way, meaning, the plate is where the legs are dangling, you put one leg in each rut, then run the spikes through the holes and hold on to the wings with the hooks. Your hooks are holding the legs, that's what I thought was interesting.

LOL, so what you are saying is you followed the instructions :D :D :D

I was in a hurry to get the birds on. I spent 15 minutes trying to remember where I packed these away, and forgot the "ruts" are there to hold the legs. I'll remember that next time and I now have a proper place to store the TT so I won't "lose" them.

I'm guessing yours looks like this from the TT website, which would have worked much better, because one of the lets jumped off the hook and was flopping around.

shopping

I only do one bird at a time usually. One time I did two at once. But I don't want to do that again, it was too hard to get the double chickens firmly on the spit.

I cut a lemon in half and used that in the large end of the chicken to help center it on the spit. At least that seemed to work.

And the wings were folded back as if the bird was under arrest so they didn't flop around at all

What I need is a longer, narrower drip pan so I can spread the birds out a little yet still catch all the drippings. The lasagna roaster was too wide, and not long enough.

LOL, so what you are saying is you followed the instructions :D :D :D

I was in a hurry to get the birds on. I spent 15 minutes trying to remember where I packed these away, and forgot the "ruts" are there to hold the legs. I'll remember that next time and I now have a proper place to store the TT so I won't "lose" them.

I'm guessing yours looks like this from the TT website, which would have worked much better, because one of the lets jumped off the hook and was flopping around.

shopping

I cut a lemon in half and used that in the large end of the chicken to help center it on the spit. At least that seemed to work.

And the wings were folded back as if the bird was under arrest so they didn't flop around at all

What I need is a longer, narrower drip pan so I can spread the birds out a little yet still catch all the drippings. The lasagna roaster was too wide, and not long enough.
Well, mine don't look like that picture, because until I saw it I never knew you're supposed to grab the wings with the hooks facing out. I usually kind of stab them or grab them any way I can, and even though a leg will usually fall out, or a wing, I still like the TT a lot better than using string. I store mine on the spit, between the forks. The other benefit to using this orientation is that the plate holds onions, citrus etc inside the body cavity to a degree.
Larry, yes, get one! They're great! Aside, I've been using that mixer regularly and it is a whole new world of food!

I bought one of those last year and before I could use it, I misplaced it. I have looked all over and cannot find it. Maybe my wife tossed it thinking it was just some old junk in the kitchen drawer.
I had similar thing happen. I recently sold my KitchenAid Coffee grinder on FleaBay. With it I included the brand new extra burrs I had bought for it from Amazon and never used. I had the box of burrs on the kit table so I could test pack and weigh everything. Wouldn't you know she had walked by and "oh these shouldn't be here" put them in the cabinet where the grinder had been. Meanwhile I had already packed the grinder, not noticing and sent it off to my buyer. They contacted me (a little upset), so it cost me 2 postages to send one sale LOL

Back