Roti Chicken Marsala

John Sp

TVWBB All-Star
Hello All,

This is just a quick post of a meal I made over the weekend. A while back we went to an Italian restaurant and I ordered Chicken Marsala which I really enjoyed. The dish is traditionally made with breaded boneless chicken but I figured I would try the sauce on some bone in bird cooked on the OTG Rotisserie. Below are a few pics of the proceedings.

Birds Dry Brined, Soaked, Rinsed, and rubbed with EVOO, Rosemary Garlic Seasoning, and Lemon Pepper

Beginnings of the Marsala Sauce - Baby Bellas, Sauteed in Bacon Fat with Some Chopped Garlic

Birds on the OTG, with Some Foil Wrapped Bakers (EVOO & Montreal Steak) in the Basement - Running at 400F

Finishing the Marsala Sauce with Marsala Wine, Chicken Stock, and Butter

Birds Resting after Reaching 170F Internal

Plated with Steamed
Broccoli

This turned out really good. The Marsala sauce recipe was a take on one provided by Robert Irvine. The flavor was good but not at all like what I had in the restaurant. Dry brining the bird was a good technique that yielded a very tender and juicy product. I will definitely use that again (maybe for our TG bird). The family enjoyed the meal which turned out to be a sort of fusion of Italian and BBQ. Thanks for looking...

Regards,

John

Now that's a chicken dinner! Haven't had Chicken Marsala in years... gotta give your recipe a try. Soon!

Looks fantastic John, haven't had chicken Marsala in a long time. That plated shot is calling my name.

I already have my name on that plate of food, Rich will have to wait. John, that is one fantastic cook.

Back