Roasted Corn Ceviche

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
The CEO and I have been trying to make healthier meals and this was my contribution tonight.

All the suspects lined up, picked up a half pound of shrimp and one nice fresh Tilapia filet, cilantro, limes to cook it in, Jalapeno, tomato, corn, onions,

DSC_1175_zps89317f33.jpg

All prepared, the fish in the lime juice for an hour or so, I go by taste more than time

DSC_1176_zps4dc83a64.jpg

Senor Weber's only contribution tonight

DSC_1177_zps1ed3b499.jpg

Baby Spinach and greens lightly dressed with EVOO, salt and pepper and red wine vinegar. Lime juice drained and all the ingredients mixed well together with an ear of the corn added. Added a nice sweetness to it, will do again. Some Blue Corn Chips to go along

DSC_1178_zpsacbf12d8.jpg

Top notch cook right here my friend....i lay awake at night thinking how I can get myself invited to your table for dinner.

Beautiful meal and great photos Bill!
sorry though, I ain't eatin' no lime cooked fish. :)

It's the same as eating cooked fish with a lime drizzled on it Bob, you do that right?

Only difference is all the nutrients of the fish are still there and no fat. Also just like a stove top how long you leave it in the Lime determines how well done it is and that is different for everyone. Some like a Sushi like dish an others like me prefer the fish cooked more like I would on the grill.

You might surprise yourself

Looks super good, sure would like a plate of that, but I'm just too far away, ...I too was a no raw fish for me guy, but my wife's "poisson cru" in coconut milk changed me, the lime juice "cooks' the fish, it's just the texture that is different.

There you go again. Making me very hungry with those beautiful cooks and pictures! You guys are dangerous!! :).

Ceviche is one of my all-time favorites. Best I've ever had was at the cruise port in Grand Cayman islands, at one of the little huts by the beach.

For anyone who hasn't made it before, please make sure to wash hands vigorously afterwards to get rid of all the lime juice. That stuff can burn your hand/arm severely if exposed to sun.

Back