Roast Pork......again!

TonyUK

TVWBB Guru
The CFO has instructed me to do Sunday roast pork.
A 3lb rolled Old Spot crackling shoulder joint. A light binder of sunflower oil and SPOG. Nothing else.

Ready for the grill.
IMG_0106.jpg

On she goes. (Apple and maple wood).
IMG_0110.jpg

300F at the grate.
IMG_0112.jpg

Sides will be Colcannon mashed spuds, corn-en-le-cob, onion gravy..............and Yorkshire Puds for the win.
Will report back later with the finished article.

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO:
You'll be in good company. The Mrs loves beets and bs.
That roast looks amazing, getting skin on pork here is pretty darned difficult but, I’m going to try to hunt one up! I love crackling skin!

Obviously your trouble and strife is a woman of excellent taste!

Everything just looks delicious Tony.

I just wanted to let you know that last night was my first time eating Yorkshire Pudding. I didn't know it was soo good. DH also cooked a Prime Rib with Roasted Garlic and Horseradish Crust which was delicious, but no pictures. :cry:

Smells absolutely divine! The pic doesn't convey how crispy that crackling is. 😋

View attachment 48800
Another excellent looking pork roast, Tony! You've got access to some very nice pork! I tried to sign up for a pig butchering class at a London butcher when I was there in 2019, but they couldn't fit me in on short notice. Was really looking forward to breaking down a pig into "English" cuts, and to get some of that lovely looking piggy to take back to our flat to cook up! :)

Oh, well, I'll just drool over yours!

R

.........I tried to sign up for a pig butchering class at a London butcher when I was there in 2019, but they couldn't fit me in on short notice..................
Ginger Pig? Turner & George?

Richard Turner, of Turner & George, has written some excellent bbq books. Next time I'm in London I want to visit his Hawksmoor steak restaurant.

4.jpg

Available from Amazon in the US. Here. (I have no affiliation to T&G or The Hawksmoor).

Last edited:
Ginger Pig? Turner & George?

Richard Turner, of Turner & George, has written some excellent bbq books. Next time I'm in London I want to visit his Hawksmoor steak restaurant.

View attachment 48894

Available from Amazon in the US. Here. (I have no affiliation to T&G or The Hawksmoor).
It was Ginger Pig. I've done it locally, and really enjoyed the process. I was looking forward to seeing how things differed at an English butcher, so hopefully I'll have a chance on another trip.

R

Everything just looks delicious Tony.

I just wanted to let you know that last night was my first time eating Yorkshire Pudding. I didn't know it was soo good. DH also cooked a Prime Rib with Roasted Garlic and Horseradish Crust which was delicious, but no pictures. :cry:
I'm glad you enjoyed them Joan. Horseradish is the classic accompaniment to roast beef. Sounds deelish!

Thanks Tony, just wish I had some good looking pictures like yours. I love everything on your plate.;)

Have steak knife. Will travel. (y)
Edit: Crivens!! They have a restaurant in Edinburgh! Nice looking menu here.
I feel a weekend in Edinburgh on the horizon.
Do me a favor, if you go, order this and tell me what the heck it is. lol
  • Old Spot belly ribs

Do me a favor, if you go, order this and tell me what the heck it is. lol
  • Old Spot belly ribs
Joan, Old Spot is a heritage breed of pig, and belly ribs are just that......ribs that are cut from the belly section (once the belly meat is removed for bacon or other prep.)

Back