Roadside Chicken

Robert T

TVWBB Guru
I must have seen this recipe at least a hundred times and told myself I had to try it. Well today was the day with chicken quarters at 99 cents a pound.

First Kim cut up some red potatoes and then I put them on the grill. Then I seasoned the chicken with Johnny's seasoned salt and grilled, hitting with the great sauce every 5 minutes. I cooked them 35 minutes and thought they must be done but they weren't so cooked another 12 minutes.

image_zpsiioa68uh.jpeg

image_zpsvyjg3wec.jpeg

image_zps0m3esqpo.jpeg

image_zpslafs48tj.jpeg

image_zpsiwnzyqi9.jpeg

image_zps7wjyopgj.jpeg

image_zpsy2ua6smx.jpeg

image_zps7sr9ecuw.jpeg

All capped off by a beautiful Montana sunset tonight.

image_zpsxcvoegb0.jpeg

The chicken was delicious. I can see why the literally hundreds of posts on this recipe are there. We will be doing this one again soon.

Thanks for looking! Have a great 4th of July!

That's one of our favorites too. Chicken just doesn't get better than that, great looking plate. Love the sunset shot.

Great looking RSC Robert. I agree, it's a fantastic recipe, one of my favorites. Beautiful plate. Love the sides, particularly the potatoes.

That is one awesome dinner, love roadside chicken you kids nailed that one. Have a great 4th and stay safe.

You nailed that cook Robert & Kim. I know why you have that bottle of beer turned around, it's a SF Giants label beer, huh? :)

That sunset is beautiful, too bad there's a bunch of Dodgers fans there, lol

Thanks for the nice comments!

Chuck the bottle is an old Worcestershire bottle with my roadside sauce in it. No giants beer. Ever. Do they have Dodger Beer? I want some!!!

They do have Dodger's beer. Next time I'm at the liquor store (B&M) I'll pick you up a 5 pak....That's a 6 pak less Kershaw :)

We'll send you Cain & Peavy, you can send us your broken Kershaw

They do have Dodger's beer. Next time I'm at the liquor store (B&M) I'll pick you up a 5 pak....That's a 6 pak less Kershaw :)

We'll send you Cain & Peavy, you can send us your broken Kershaw

Ha Ha Ha!;)

Its great to have you back postin' again!!!:)

great post and even better cook, i love simple foods and this is right up there at the top.
great sunset also beautiful country.

I would like to submit for everyone's consideration the the name be changed from Roadside Chicken to the following

Chuck Norris Chicken, cause this chicken kicks butt!

Tim

Back