Rib Eyes for Morgan

Rolf Jacobsen

TVWBB Emerald Member
I raided the freezer this morning looking for dinner, (Nancy hates this). I found two Rib Eyes and a Filet Mignon. Went to the store and grabbed some veggies. Nancy said she would once again make some potato salad. Being "imagination challenged" I checked the web and sure enough, Weber, (Jamie), came to the rescue. Garlic Crusted Rib Eyes. Here we go..........
Garlic-Rib-Eye-003-L.jpg

Rubbed and waiting...... This is basically a garlic, parsley, balsamic, kosher salt and pepper rub.
Garlic-Rib-Eye-015-L.jpg

Some "Buddy" else was waiting too...
Garlic-Rib-Eye-012-L.jpg

Hot for the steaks and medium direct for the veggies. The veggies were brushed with a tarragon butter sauce before grilling and later had the remaining sauce poured over them prior to serving.
Garlic-Rib-Eye-017-L.jpg

Garlic-Rib-Eye-018-L.jpg

Smelling pretty good.......
Garlic-Rib-Eye-019-L.jpg

Done!
Garlic-Rib-Eye-022-L.jpg

Plated. Our other son stopped over so Nancy & I split the one rib eye. Everyone seemed to like this so I was happy. Here's a link to the recipe.
http://www.weber.com/grillout/recipes/beef/garlic-crusted-rib-eye-steaks-with-grilled-broccolini
Pretty simple but we enjoyed it. Thanks so much for looking.
Garlic-Rib-Eye-023a-L.jpg

Last edited:
I love a big ole rib-eye...and I would love one of those!! Did some-"Buddy" get a little snack??

Look great Rolf! Now I owe ya a meal! How do you like those grates? I have some on the way(tried to buy the craycorts but they wouldnt ship it to AK)

Nice work!

Great looking steaks and pics, Rolf! Everything looks fantastic. I'm trying that on my next ribeyes.

Look great Rolf! Now I owe ya a meal! How do you like those grates? I have some on the way(tried to buy the craycorts but they wouldnt ship it to AK)

Nice work!

Morgan you should like the grates. Low maintenance and just enough area to cook a few steaks. I have the Weber baskets for coal and typically place them right under the grate. I typically use lump for this. I also suggest you preheat the grate for at least ten minutes before you cook. The extra mass makes a difference and takes awhile to heat. Oh! Get the skillet too!

Good Luck!
Rolf

Those steaks looked so awesome on that fancy grate, I had to get the info!!! Thanks for the link Chris!!

Back