Replacement cooking grate ideas for 2000 (DD) Genesis Silver B grill

What did you use to clean it up so well? I scraped and brushed the inside but didn't do more than that as I know how quickly it'll get gunked up again.
Razor blade mostly on the inside with a little bit of finishing with 0000 steel wool. Then I go over it with automotive rubbing compound and then automotive wax.

What did you use to clean it up so well? I scraped and brushed the inside but didn't do more than that as I know how quickly it'll get gunked up again.
Chris, it actually takes several years for them to to get really bad again if you use a razor blade scraper on the inside to get all the carbon buildup off.

Chris, it actually takes several years for them to to get really bad again if you use a razor blade scraper on the inside to get all the carbon buildup off.
I need to get one of those razor blade holders. I just use a razor blade in my fingers and it's kind of a pain. I'd imagine it's much easier with a razor blade holder of some sort lol

I told you I'm cheap LOL

I'll have to consider that. It would be pretty nice to clean it up to the degree that you guys do. Thanks for the idea of the razor blade scraper. I've just used a couple putty knives.

I think I've got one of those single edge scrapers in one of my tool boxes. I've got two or three packs of single edge blades laying around (although I shave with DE blades!). You guys have grills, I have too damn many razors, brushes, and shaving soaps/creams!

I need to get one of those razor blade holders. I just use a razor blade in my fingers and it's kind of a pain. I'd imagine it's much easier with a razor blade holder of some sort lol

I told you I'm cheap LOL
I don’t mind it just holding it in my hand. When my hand cramps up, I shake it out, sip a cocktail and the cramp goes away.

I do use the holder for the long scrapes though. So satisfying when you get a good carbon tail rolling off the blade. I also change to a new blade fairly often. A box of razor blades is cheap when time is of the essence.

Back