Replacement cooking grate ideas for 2000 (DD) Genesis Silver B grill

I have almost the exact same grill. Mine was a "special edition" which meant mica green lid, two flip tables, SS flav bars (still going strong after 20+ years) and stamped SS grates.

I swapped the stamped SS grates out for the PCCI 10+ years ago. I like those a lot -- more (personal preference) than SS rods. Among other reasons, I prefer to have black grates -- so the Mrs. does not bother me to keep scrubbing the SS grates to make them look shiny.

And then a few years ago I got (I know I know) a set of GrillGrates. They are awesome imo. I use the flat side primarily -- gives me greatly improved searing capability and are also handy for shrimp, veggies, smash burgers and other griddle type cooks. Reduces flare ups.

My standard set up is one side PCCI and the other side flat GGs. But depending on the cook, I will sometimes do all PCCI, all GG flat, or all GG rails. Works very well for me.
I wish I had a clue what you're talking about! Alas, a newbie in the world of Weber mods and finessing. ;) "PCCI"? I know about GrillGrates but am not in need of something like them with my limited grilling menu.

I wish I had a clue what you're talking about! Alas, a newbie in the world of Weber mods and finessing. ;) "PCCI"? I know about GrillGrates but am not in need of something like them with my limited grilling menu.
PCCI is short hand for Porcelain Coated Cast Iron

Copy that. I did have those in my cart but got suckered into spending a little more than twice the amount for the 9mm Qulimetal grates. Partly out of curiosity. As a Prime member, I can return them easily at no additional cost if they don't look right or fit as expected.
If you are willing to pay for those, I don't think you're gonna be unhappy with them

PCCI (porcelain coated cast iron) or PECI (porcelain-enameled cast iron). Same thing.

Heavy cast iron but with a coating that deters rust. Mine have had zero rust after many years of service. Note that I do live in fairly low humidity Colorado.

I really like the CI over SS rods (which I have on another grill. But the CI are not cheap.

7mm SS rods are the likely the best cost/value proposition.

Last edited:
If you are willing to pay for those, I don't think you're gonna be unhappy with them
Good because I ordered the grates and stainless flavorizer bars a little bit ago. Both are due to show up this week. And then, we shall see! I'm out $150 with all the other parts running, so far as I can tell, 100%. If I had to replace those parts and the box is still good, I will. I don't quit on a good appliance just because, like me, it has a little age to it. ;)

Back