Reefer Magnets

Add me to the back of the line for a Weber one, any style.

For bubble mailers, ask on next-door for Amazon envelopes. You can get a zillion for free.

Catchin' rays. It's 100deg here today. Note the color change.

Jon, I'm working on a new and (I hope!) improved version of the Skyline Series. Maybe you want to wait? I'll keep all of them and let you choose. ALTHOUGH...that magnet at the 5:00 position is awful purdy. Your choice.

View attachment 36893

It'll be a few more days, anyway...I've got to line up some bubble mailers.

Ed,
Everything you have done looks GREAT. But, sure, I can wait to see your Skyline v. 2.0. Please hold a regular Weber one for me so you can ship both together. I will keep watching! I am sure others want some, too.

I know nothing about the tools and system you are using, but it seems the software you are using should have some utility for "smoothing" things out much the way photoshop does with photos. But, I can see where the 'e' is troublesome in the smaller cuts.

Hahaha. Those are great. I remember the bike plates.
I luv how you personalize the weber logo

A different take. I learn more from my mistakes!

Remember the Topps Baseball/Football Cards with the thin sheet of bubble gum that got so stiff the longer you chewed it? And putting the cards in the spokes of your bicycle with clothes pins? I wonder what those cards would be worth today...

Goofing Around2.png

Last edited:
Answer on the baseball cards: a lot! I can’t believe I dumped all of mine. I actually hunted down and bout a Tom Seaver one from 1970 I had as kid and the 3D Seaver one that came in Kellogg’s cereal boxes that I always wanted but was never in MY corn flakes!

Ed,
What about making custom kettle and gas grill handles?

The Genesis handle is just a straight piece of wood. I think in lieu of the holes - your handiwork could make some really beautiful, and as you have shown even personalized, handles.

I wish someone would make a wood handle for the Platinum kettle with the larger front mounted handle. I could even send you an original to work from, but of course the shape of the wood pieces is much more complex than a Genesis straight handle, But, if you got really bored again…

Answer on the baseball cards: a lot! I can’t believe I dumped all of mine. I actually hunted down and bout a Tom Seaver one from 1970 I had as kid and the 3D Seaver one that came in Kellogg’s cereal boxes that I always wanted but was never in MY corn flakes!
The heroes in my day were Mickey Mantle, Willie Mays, and Ted Williams...and the shortstop Eddie Matthews, my namesake. Never got one of their cards, though. I also used to be a regular reader of Superman and Batman back when they were 10 cents and would trade those with my friends. But then I grew up (7th grade) and graduated to Mad Magazine and tossed out all those old comics.

Last edited:
Ed, I think what they are going for is more of custom handle, like your magnets. Someplace, I forget where at the moment, sells plain wood handles with just the mounting holes in them. Something like that to start with would be your canvas!😀

Ed, the magnets came today! They look great! I’m very happy.new magnets, new iPad and case all in one day!now it’s time for a cocktail!

Yep, I got mine today as well. I actually have them on the fridge. I was thinking about putting one on the grill, but I don't suppose you built in any heat resistance. hahaha.

Ed, I think what they are going for is more of custom handle, like your magnets. Someplace, I forget where at the moment, sells plain wood handles with just the mounting holes in them. Something like that to start with would be your canvas!😀
Yeah, I saw that, it was grillparts.com, I believe, and around $20 - $25 or so.

I mean, it could be done, but I really lack the motivation for doing it for myself. The 9057 handle light is a must-have for me. It's just too handy to have, especially in the winter months when the days are so short.

BUT...one of the things I'd like to try is Trex or some other such composite. I love durawood for it's durability but it sure is plain-looking. I'd imagine that composites are not easily machined and might cause problems (melt?) when used with something like a router that runs at such high RPM. Bruce, I know you have used it with your rehabs...what are your thoughts?

It works great for shelves that aren't exposed to heat. I don't know what your equipment would do to it however. I certainly would not trust it as a handle that gets all the heat from the lid

It works great for shelves that aren't exposed to heat. I don't know what your equipment would do to it however. I certainly would not trust it as a handle that gets all the heat from the lid
Shelves/tables are what I had in mind...the 9057 is invaluable to me so I won't be replacing it. I have lights on all my grills, but that 9057 with LEDs is in a league all by itself.

I have a Genesis 4 with the wood, that's what I was thinking about. I just can't see me doing all the finish work on wood and then leaving it outdoors. The wood I have is in good shape, for the most part...I'm leaning towards a coat of exterior paint and calling it good. My 1200 has durawood and it is great for the outdoors! No worries with durawood, just not much to look at. Trex might be an alternative for durawood, I dunno, even better if it could be carved (I assume it's not the right width or thickness for tables).

Ed, would it work better for you to make the handle and leave the finish work to someone else?

Shelves/tables are what I had in mind...the 9057 is invaluable to me so I won't be replacing it. I have lights on all my grills, but that 9057 with LEDs is in a league all by itself.

I have a Genesis 4 with the wood, that's what I was thinking about. I just can't see me doing all the finish work on wood and then leaving it outdoors. The wood I have is in good shape, for the most part...I'm leaning towards a coat of exterior paint and calling it good. My 1200 has durawood and it is great for the outdoors! No worries with durawood, just not much to look at. Trex might be an alternative for durawood, I dunno, even better if it could be carved (I assume it's not the right width or thickness for tables).
ED, regarding the trex, it might work OK if your machine can deal with it OK. Most of it is not in normal board shape however. Most has grooves on the bottom. I think you might be able to find some that is in regular board (rectangular) form, but it isn't real common.

Ed, would it work better for you to make the handle and leave the finish work to someone else?
Well, yes, but wouldn't the shipping kill it?

ED, regarding the trex, it might work OK if your machine can deal with it OK. Most of it is not in normal board shape however. Most has grooves on the bottom. I think you might be able to find some that is in regular board (rectangular) form, but it isn't real common.
But nobody sees the bottom, and I'm thinking I could cut slots in it to make it appear like slats. Let me get a picture posted...it's on the other computer...

Back