Red Head Genesis Rehab

Jon Tofte

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I am not so sure that tray table - or at least the set of slats - is original to that grill. It doesn’t look like it has other features that would identify it as an early Genesis. Based on the control panel and casters looks like a 1000 someone put those on.

Kelly C

TVWBB Fan
Haven’t bought it yet since my garage is pretty full and it is a pretty long drive to it. Already have two redheads in the garage...one restored and the other one in progress. I guess I have a thing for redheads!:p

Ed Pinnell

TVWBB All-Star
Kelly, you might well want to save yourself for a lid of another color. The redheads are more common in my area than any other color.

Ed Pinnell

TVWBB All-Star
I have one sitting alongside the house as we speak. All you gotta do is figure out how to get it from the left coast to the right coast.

But seriously, that's part of the thrill of the hunt...like a well-laid trap, poised and ready to pounce at any given moment...

Bruce

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I am not so sure that tray table - or at least the set of slats - is original to that grill. It doesn’t look like it has other features that would identify it as an early Genesis. Based on the control panel and casters looks like a 1000 someone put those on.
Good eye Jon. That drop down end cap for the pivot pin is not a Genesis 1-5. I am pretty sure those came out with the Genesis 1000-5000 grills. The Genesis 1-5 exclusively had the metal pivot bracket, I think.

Ed Pinnell

TVWBB All-Star
Good eye Jon. That drop down end cap for the pivot pin is not a Genesis 1-5. I am pretty sure those came out with the Genesis 1000-5000 grills. The Genesis 1-5 exclusively had the metal pivot bracket, I think.
But there are at least two distinctly different types of metal brackets. How deep you want to go? I can take pictures.

EDIT: I'd love to do this, establish a timeline. Here's what I got in the way of cookboxes.

Attachments

• 20201021_142056.jpg
    20201021_142056.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20201021_142235.jpg
    20201021_142235.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 3