Random weirdos coming to my door delivering packages from Amazon.

90+% of our Amazon packages are UPS or USPS. Occasionally, we get another company, which uses 'regular' cars (LaserShip is the name). They do have magnetic signs on the side of the car though. More often than not, LaserShip seems to be used around here for things that are same day, or one day delivery.

Oh boy! I would be very suspicious of anyone approaching my door like that.

And I am suspicious of drone delivery. If a drone can deliver, it can also take away anything loose that it can carry.

BTW, the US Mail Service delivers packages on Sunday here on Hilton Head Island.

Last edited:
remember when everyone used to advertise "double boxed" for their packaging on Ebay?

When I received my 22" Cast Iron Grate from Craycort, the bottom of the flimsy packaging was frayed and sure enough one of the four grate segments was missing. I immediately called CC and told the extremely rude rep (the one I talk to every time I call them) what had happened. She told me I had to take a picture and email it to her. I said, "you mean take of a picture of the grill segment I didn't receive?". She said do the best I could so I took a picture of the grate with a hole where the missing piece would have been. True story. To their credit, they sent me the replacement for the missing piece.

I'm on the Prime trial as well. Up here the same sort of thing is happening and the courier is Intelcom. People in unmarked vehicles stacked to the rafters with packages and envelopes. Based on the employer reviews on Indeed it's not a place I'd want to be. And of course doorstep theft is in the news these days.

It WILL get worse before it improves.
Heck, soon you will have a drone fly the package to you, drop it at your door (or in the bird bath or pool), but it'll be delivered.

This "GOTTA HAVE IT NOW" crap is getting old.

I love my UPS driver. She always pulls up and toots her horn, walks out with the package and knocks on the door and usually doesn't leave until some one comes out and waves.
Nowadays, if some unmarked car came rolling up in front of my house, and some person got out running with a package towards me, I prolly wouldn't think twice about defending my self.

Tim

Things have changed a bit for those of us who grew up with a "wish book" from Sears & Roebuck, or Monkey Wards.
Fill out a form, mail it in with a check, and wait......................

Things have changed a bit for those of us who grew up with a "wish book" from Sears & Roebuck, or Monkey Wards.
Better believe it Bob.... And let's not forget about blue Chip stamps lol

Nowadays, if some unmarked car came rolling up in front of my house, and some person got out running with a package towards me, I prolly wouldn't think twice about defending my self.

Tim

Tim that's happening weather it's 2017 or 1970.... Better safe than sorry lol

Send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Albuquerque for more info

Those were the days Bob,sit and look at all the stuff you were never going to get. All of our packages are from UPS, or USPS, we get very few from Fed Ex anymore, Amazon has a fulfilment center about 20 miles from here and we have been a Prime member for years, I can order something on Tuesday get it Thursday Or Friday. One good thing about our street everyone has a Minimum of 100 foot driveway so our trucks have to either drive up or back up or during the summer take a walk to get out of the truck. Keeps kids from coming around to take packages from your porch.

One good thing about our street everyone has a Minimum of 100 foot driveway so our trucks have to either drive up or back up or during the summer take a walk to get out of the truck. Keeps kids from coming around to take packages from your porch.
don't kid yourself Kevin... our driveway is 45 yards long... and it's happening here.
In the 1st week of October, thieves were brave enough to even walk in unlocked detached garages and walk out with your stuff.
Sure, it was at 230 in the early morning, however, it still is happening.

Had a very pleasant experience w/ UPS yesterday. I had ordered some wine, which they attempted to deliver when nobody was home. Adult signature is required, so they just left a sticky on the door saying they'd try again the next day. About 7pm, there's a knock on the door - its the UPS driver. "I was back in the neighborhood and figured I'd give you another try, since it was later."

our driveway is 45 yards long... and it's happening here.

I was hoping for a shotgun blast in the "burglary end" video Jim. I believe in some cases thieves prefer the more remote homes, set back off the road. No neighbors, passing cars, etc.

The neighbor who lives on the hill behind us hung this sign up a few weeks ago. Packages were being left on the ground behind the gate.

enhance

On amaz orders here, there is always an option to have it left at various drop off points- - 》post office, drug stores that have p.o. functions, etc . Don't you? It's usually on the page where they confirm where you want it delivered :rolleyes:

Back