Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

I've been having trouble standing
I can walk fine, but if I stop for more that 5 or 6 minutes, I get shooting pains down the back of my legs and my calves get heavy and I'll need to sit for a couple minutes before I can go on with what I was doing
The doctor thinks it's my sciatic nerve and prescribed steroids, which I'm almost done with
He had some X-rays taken of my back, and it showed a compressed disc and a little bit of arthritis. Yay
I've also started wearing compression socks, which help a great deal, and started doing stretches to stretch my back out
The stretches really have been helping, and my dog Daisy decided to spot me tonight!
Yes, she's sitting on my bicep!
Crazy puppy!
View attachment 26890
I had excruciating back pain and spent some serious $$ on chiropractor, acupuncture, doctors, etc and many months in pain. I went on my first cruise and there was a $5 class for a Pilates that my wife and I did. At the end I asked the teacher about my back pain. Should took about 3 minutes and had my do a few positions. She said there is nothing wrong with my back and that my ham strings were just to tight. Gave me a few exercises to do and it went away!

2cc2a02339f290db4f66570c24597787b90184b59a6e027ee7904851567c7790.jpg
Yes and it is a dam shame there is not a nation wide bottle bill. All the time I see cans and bottles in trash or the side of the road it makes me so upset. What a waste.

I had excruciating back pain and spent some serious $$ on chiropractor, acupuncture, doctors, etc and many months in pain. I went on my first cruise and there was a $5 class for a Pilates that my wife and I did. At the end I asked the teacher about my back pain. Should took about 3 minutes and had my do a few positions. She said there is nothing wrong with my back and that my ham strings were just to tight. Gave me a few exercises to do and it went away!
Somebody I used to work had pretty much the same experience. Had been seeing a chiropractor monthly, got a referral to a good sports medical clinic. He got exercises to keep his upper legs stretched and pretty much never went back to the chiropractor again.

Been there done that with the back pain. L5S1 herniated disc. Exercises are what got me better, but I too have short hamstrings. Never was successful at getting them to stretch any... What kind of pilates did you do to stretch your hamstrings?

The smoke from California's annual burn down is terrible. Every year this happens. Today I looked up at the sun and it was a faint orange ball like you would see at night time if it was the moon. No fog, no clouds, just all the crap in the air from California's annual state burn.

EDIT:
Actually it wasn't just today. It's been off and on for the last month. And I'm not even close to the fires. I feel terrible for those that are and even worse for those who have lost everything.

I have to admit that I do feel more than a wee bit guilty when smoking and / or grilling as it really can't be good for the environment. I think of the CO2 from the propane extraction or fracking, and then me burning it, or the cutting and burning of wood for charcoal, then the CO2 and smoke from using it. Be nice if we could use all the charcoal these fires in CA are producing;-)

I have to admit that I do feel more than a wee bit guilty when smoking and / or grilling as it really can't be good for the environment. I think of the CO2 from the propane extraction or fracking, and then me burning it, or the cutting and burning of wood for charcoal, then the CO2 and smoke from using it. Be nice if we could use all the charcoal these fires in CA are producing;-)
My electricity is provided by Duke Energy and they mostly use fossil fuels. I wonder how much fossil fuel it takes to heat my oven for 12 hours compared to using charcoal in my smoker.

Now, you post this. We were trying to find a good BBQ place during our vacation a few weeks ago, and turns out we were only 25 minutes from Hubba Hubba Smokehouse? I think we missed out.
Sure hate the timing of the letter! :( I accidentally bumped into it just minutes before posting.

I'll be checking out a few of these restaurants myself.

Maybe this is old news for some, but I just saw it for the first time, and I can't believe it. I saw a scientific clip where his draw was measured to be faster than a rattlesnake strike.

Back