Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

Almost 3 years later and it looks like people are figuring out what this thread is for 👍. You know anything that doesn't deserve its own thread or just a thought that you have or something that you did you wanted to mention or whatever.

Anyhow, my son wanted to catch dinner. Since it was his birthday weekend we went fishing and got four fish. Enough to feed three people, fish and chips. And then the ribs happened. Cooking outside on the cab stove because frying makes a mess and frying fish makes a smell. 😁PXL_20230520_232511506.jpgPXL_20230520_230311983.MP.jpgPXL_20230521_011827505.jpgPXL_20230520_230307705.jpgPXL_20230521_024129499.jpg
PXL_20230520_152435529.jpg

Pammi is retiring in just a few more school days after 35 years of teaching!
She's applied for social security, as we'd rather take less for longer than more for less time
I'll be 62 in September and keep reminding my bosses of this and that "I'll be old enough to collect SS, and I can't work full time and collect SS too!"
I'm actually waiting until I'm 63 and been in this CSR role for 5 years
Which will be next year!!!

I saw them at Menard's ( home improvement) yesterday. They were clearanced out in the fireplace aisle, I had to do a double take lol.

Pammi is retiring in just a few more school days after 35 years of teaching!
She's applied for social security, as we'd rather take less for longer than more for less time
I'll be 62 in September and keep reminding my bosses of this and that "I'll be old enough to collect SS, and I can't work full time and collect SS too!"
I'm actually waiting until I'm 63 and been in this CSR role for 5 years
Which will be next year!!!
Actually you can double dip , at least I did for 6 months. Turned 65 in June worked 6 more month. Don't remember what the tax implications were that was 20 years ago.

Actually you can double dip , at least I did for 6 months. Turned 65 in June worked 6 more month. Don't remember what the tax implications were that was 20 years ago.
You can double dip all you want AFTER 65. If you do it prior to 65 there is a limit to how much you can earn before there is a penalty. I don't recall how much that is, but I began taking SS at 63 and continued working (part time) being careful to not exceed that earning limit.

I've got to wait until I'm 67, maybe 67 1/2, to double dip
I'll only be 63 when I start

BOGOTÁ, Colombia—Four children, including a baby, were found alive in the Amazon jungle on Friday nearly six weeks after they survived the crash of a small plane and wandered into the wilderness, Colombian President Gustavo Petro announced.

So, I got slack and let our emails stack upAt the start of the year, our in box had over 41,000 emails in it!I've been deleting 200-300 a night most nights and am FINALLY up to this year!Gonna keep going until I've only got a months worth
Then, I'm tackling the sent ones! 😬

So, I got slack and let our emails stack upAt the start of the year, our in box had over 41,000 emails in it!I've been deleting 200-300 a night most nights and am FINALLY up to this year!Gonna keep going until I've only got a months worth
Then, I'm tackling the sent ones! 😬
Sounds like you should make friends with the “unsubscribe” button…

Back