Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

Seems like the right timeframe, I wonder if that's what cut my aunt & uncle's missionary work in Japan short.

That's some serious devastation.

I was wondering the other day, why doesn't Hormel make SPAM hot dogs?
Well it looks like they did, about 10 years ago, short lived apparently.

spam_hot_dog3.jpg

Anyone ever tried this stuff? (or ever heard of it?)

http://www.blenheimgingerale.com/

I think it's made with sulfur water, and that has something to do with the strong taste of the drink. I haven't seen it in some time, but I found a few locations that sell it, and I am going to give it try.

Charles Kuralt did a piece on it some years ago...

You might need to turn up your speakers a bit.

Last edited:
No but I'd sure like to! I wish I'd have got some fresh ginger yesterday, I'd put some in the sprite/cranberry juice I'm drinking right now

I experienced a strange phenomenon today. Induced electrical charge.
I was working on my camper today, repacking the bearings. When I jacked the trailer up to take the wheel off, I got a shock! I disconnected the battery, and it still happened!
Pammi mentioned the high tension power lines overhead and wondered if that was the cause of it.
Someone else was at the storage facility, and stopped to talk, to me while he was leaving.
I mentioned the shock, and he said he used to get the same thing. He said that he drove some rebar into the asphalt and grounded his motor home to it to avoid the shock.
Needless to say, I’m changing the brakes on it here at the house tomorrow!

If you look at all the trucks that service high tension lines they all have grounding rods and straps on them. The induced voltage can wallop you right on your a$$

If you look at all the trucks that service high tension lines they all have grounding rods and straps on them. The induced voltage can wallop you right on your a$$

I may drive a nail and a piece of wire into the asphalt the next time I work on it there.

Anyone ever tried this stuff? (or ever heard of it?)

http://www.blenheimgingerale.com/

I think it's made with sulfur water, and that has something to do with the strong taste of the drink. I haven't seen it in some time, but I found a few locations that sell it, and I am going to give it try.

Charles Kuralt did a piece on it some years ago...

You might need to turn up your speakers a bit.

I've had it a few times. I've only found it in specialty soda stores. It's great. It's really refreshing in the summer.

Was the camper touching the power lines?

Nope. They’re a good 30 feet up in the air.
But you can hear them crackling when the wind blows.
When it’s there, I guess the tires keep it insulated.
But the jack made a ground, shocking me! Not enough to hurt, but still enough that I didn’t want to touch it!

Last edited:
If it was touching the writer would not be here to tell about it
Yea, I didn't think so - a few years ago, a news anchor died when they raised the antenna boom on their van into some power lines.
I had no idea that having a camper in proximity of power lines could induce a shock.

Years ago wife's cousin who was a worker here with Communist Edison was killed in a high tension line accident. Energized line hit him in the head. Pretty much only his clothes and some ashes left

I want to BBQ/grill something but I don't know what I want. Plus everything is still in the freezer. I didn't plan this very well did I?

Back