Random thoughts/Off topic/Last post wins

Yesterday's bacon tomato tomato sandwich.
Cornmeal breaded fried green tomato topped with a vine ripe tomato, topped with bacon.
The sweetness of the ripe one balanced the tartness of the green one perfectly.

44949661382_de777772c6.jpg

Pammi has made something similar for lunch before. No fresh tomato, but added pimento cheese!
I'm sure that I have a pic somewhere. I'll try to post it tomorrow.

No I am NOT happy but not surprised. They (Cubs) throughout the whole month of September played like they were just going through the motions. No spark no passion only Javi was out there really trying. Sadly the pitching was as good as I have EVER seen from the club. They did not deserve to be backed up with that awful offense.

Epic choke. Two teams in two nights celebrating on your home field.
The visitor clubhouse must be trashed.

Tim

Epic choke. Two teams in two nights celebrating on your home field.
The visitor clubhouse must be trashed.

Tim
The Brewers trashed it here when they swept the Cards and won a wild card spot.
Apparently the cigar smoke stench will be around for awhile, according to reports.
Happy to see the Cubs eliminated. :)

Last edited:
Yes and it's been that way for decades... Pimento cheese actually came from New York not the South.

That's news to me considering the many in-state (and south of the border states) that make the stuff.

My favorite was Palmetto Farms which was made by Winn-Dixie, but I think it has been discontinued.

To get sincere personal advice, and the correct time, try calling a random telephone number in the early morning hours.

To get sincere personal advice, and the correct time, try calling a random telephone number in the early morning hours.

That's funny.

I went to OSH a few days ago and the store closing sales were 25% off most items. The BBQ section is picked pretty clean. On that note I have seen an uptick of various BBQ related items hitting CL as new/never used.

Back