Random BBQ/Weber Photos

ZacMiller

TVWBB Member
I know my deck needed stain but i was getting ready to build a new one...

Starting to look a lot more WSM out...

Last edited:
field of dreams... behind your patio of dreams!
(hey, you're only 30 minutes away...)

imagine..... all the BIG NAME Barbecue Celebrities walking slowly out of those corn stalks seeing your smokers....

Smoke it and they will come.

Great looking back yard and cook. Just for fun Zac, whats your favorite corn recipe.

I make this once in awhile. It's pretty basic but good, easily can be changed to be your own
Smoked Jalapeño Corn
Makes 2 quarts.
1 QT Corn
1.5 C Half and Half
1.5 C Chicken Stock
2 C Shredded Cheddar (sometimes white cheddar)
3 OZ Jalapeno's - Canned (can be kinda spicy)
Cornstarch Slurry

Place corn in perforated pan and smoke for two hours. In a sauce pot, combine chicken stock and half and half, bring to a simmer. Once simmering begin whisking in the shredded cheese. While whisking, slowly add cornstarch slurry until sauce begins to thicken.
Continue to whisk while adding the shredded cheese and the rinsed, chopped jalapenos. Adjust seasonings with salt. Fold cheese mixture into hot, smoked corn and serve.

Last edited:
Great looking setup and view you got there!! Gonna have to remember to try the smoked corn recipe out! Sounds awesome!

Zac,

Is that canned corn that you smoke?
Would corn on the cob, smoked, then sliced off work?
Want temp and wood choice?

jz

I use corn on the cob, done it both ways on the ear and sliced. Sliced is better IMO and I normally use apple or cherry due to its availability in Iowa

That looks like a great recipe and will have to give it a try. Like the set up and the view is WOW!!! Pass the corn please.

Back