Rainy day bbq

Andy Kaminski

TVWBB All-Star
I did a rotisserie Turkey today.
It was kind of a copycat dinner of my Asian rotisserie chicken I did several days ago.
Other than a few deep fried turkeys I’ve never cooked a Turkey before.

Any how, this turned out really tasty.
The wife said she likes bbq’ed Turkey now.
My step dad used to serve us red Turkey meat and tell us the temperature was spot on so we never really cared for bbq turkey.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_5244.jpeg
    IMG_5244.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5246.jpeg
    IMG_5246.jpeg
    342.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5247.jpeg
    IMG_5247.jpeg
    339.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5251.jpeg
    IMG_5251.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 13
It was kind of a copycat dinner of my Asian rotisserie chicken I did several days ago.

My step dad used to serve us red Turkey meat and tell eggus the temperature was spot on so we never really cared for bbq turkey.

Here are some pics.
Really nice “spin” and what veggies are under the turkey? Also, what is the weight of your turkey?

My step dad used to serve us red Turkey meat and tell us the temperature was spot on so we never really cared for bbq turkey.

Here are some pics.
Nice looking bird Andy!

I've been roasting our holiday turkeys on the Traeger for several years now. After looking at yours, decided to do them on one of the rotisseries this year. Will decide whether to go with the kettle ring or the gasser, depending on the weather and how I feel.

Thanks for the kind words guys.
Richard this was a 10.78 pound turkey.
It took near 3 hours at 375f.

I used 4 fair sized chunks of apple wood for the smoke.
For brine I used 3/4C salt, 3/4C brown sugar, 1/4C soy, 6 de-seeded jalapeños and 1/2C sriracha.
I stuffed the cavity full green apples and rosemary sprigs.
For mop I used the usual Asian spice items with some freshly squeezed apple cider.

As I earlier mentioned this was a tasty cook but think I’ve Asian’ed out on these cooks for a while and am looking for other options.

Edited to add,
Veggies were carrots, onion, little cut purple potatoes with leek powder with basil pesto sauce mixed in evo and the zucchini chunks were added the last 45 minutes of the cook.
I’m digging the leek powder with wet basil pesto sauce as a veggie topping lately.

Last edited:
Every now and again I get the urge for a turkey, after doing giant ones for years for people (20-24lb.) I just got burned out on them after 20+ years of doing them. I have not really wanted one in a long time! This spun bird looks pretty damned good! Maybe it’s time?

Back