Question of the day!!!

I'm more comfortable with Ketchup, but either one works.
There is definitely good and bad Ketchup - I like Heinz.
Only good on fries and tater tots.
Anybody remember President Reagan declaring Ketchup a vegetable?
I told my son about that the other day and he didn't believe me...at first.

Good thick ketchup is also really hard (maybe obnoxious is a better word) to make. It takes a huge amount of tomatoes and you skin them and cook them down and when you get to tomato sauce you're not even half way there.

Ketchup. Want it. Need it. Love it. Can't live without it. I get that from my Dad, he eats ketchup on almost everything. I prefer Heinz but can get away with almost any normal ketchup, but not the precious organic ones like Mr. Kensington that don't have enough sweetness. Ketchup must be sweet and red and smooth!

If I could have one of these, I would:

2367526.jpg

Lets get Chris one!
Well, I would have already gotten one for myself if it weren't for the fact that 1) I don't have anywhere to put it, B) my wife would kill me, and iii) I wouldn't be able to use it fast enough before it went bad. According to the website:

How long do I have to use all the product?​

You have 14 days to use the product once the pump pierces the bag. Putting it in the walk-in does not prolong the life of the product.

I mean, I like ketchup, but I don't go through 1.5 gallons in two weeks!

Guess I've always written it "ketchup". I like it on omelets and fries. But I mix it 50/50 with Tabasco. I do this because pure Tabasco is too runny on its own, especially for fries. In the Philippines they have "banana ketchup". It tastes similar to tomato ketchup only sweeter.

Ketchup. AFAIK, catsup is the same stuff, just a different regional spelling. Use it on a lot of cured meat products, hamburgers, & french fries. Don't care for mustard in the least (regularly took my life in my own hands in Chicago.)

Fun fact: the original ketchups were mushroom based, IIRC.

Fun fact: the original ketchups were mushroom based, IIRC.
Yup. Mushroom ketchup was European. Tomatoes were unknown there until fairly recent times. I think tomatoes started in what is now Mexico where they grow year-round. American settlers considered tomatoes poisonous because they are closely related to the highly toxic nightshade.

Mushroom ketchup is really a treat also.

OK, I have 12 recipes on how to make ketchup using tomatoes and 4 without tomatoes. I also have one using organic ketchup called Tequila Ketchup. As always, I will post recipes upon request. 🥰

Ketchup. Want it. Need it. Love it. Can't live without it. I get that from my Dad, he eats ketchup on almost everything. I prefer Heinz but can get away with almost any normal ketchup, but not the precious organic ones like Mr. Kensington that don't have enough sweetness. Ketchup must be sweet and red and smooth!

If I could have one of these, I would:

View attachment 84942
Trader Joe's organic ketchup is inedible.

Back