Pulled the Trigger on A New Performer

Darrel Williams

TVWBB Super Fan
Well, I think that I am officially giving up on my "7-year work-in-progress" table mounted 26" kettle.

I just ordered a new Performer Deluxe, in red. It was either red or the Crate and Barrel blue, but I ended up choosing the red one.

This is not my first 22" Performer, it's my second. I worked the first one to death years ago.

The 26 is still in pretty good working condition. The only issue is that the ash sweeps are not air tight anymore. I may try to sell it either in the table mount or just dismount it and sell it as a free standing 26er (I would just have to buy new legs). I have hundreds of dollars invested in the table, so selling the grill only would allow me to still use the table.

the performer is probably my all time fav grill, I sold my last one during a move and kinda regret it but now I am also looking at a summit or another performer

the performer is probably my all time fav grill, I sold my last one during a move and kinda regret it but now I am also looking at a summit or another performer
I seriously considered a Summit Charcoal grill too, but ultimately decided for the same price I could get a WSM and a Performer for less than the cheaper Summit, so I went for the Performer (only) for now.

I don't know when it is coming. I think I could have taken a black one home with me, but I am waiting on the red. It is winter here in Palatine IL, so the new red Performer's homecoming will depend on where it has been in the interim. (Maybe the Performers are made in the Huntley facility, IDK)

Last edited:
Congrats! I finally bought one 2 years ago and love it. I had the basic performer with the fold down metal table.
Prices have really jumped in the last 3-4 years.:(

Well, I think that I am officially giving up on my "7-year work-in-progress" table mounted 26" kettle.

I just ordered a new Performer Deluxe, in red. It was either red or the Crate and Barrel blue, but I ended up choosing the red one.

This is not my first 22" Performer, it's my second. I worked the first one to death years ago.

The 26 is still in pretty good working condition. The only issue is that the ash sweeps are not air tight anymore. I may try to sell it either in the table mount or just dismount it and sell it as a free standing 26er (I would just have to buy new legs). I have hundreds of dollars invested in the table, so selling the grill only would allow me to still use the table.
Congrats on the new performer, can't go wrong with such a versatile grill!

I have had 3 performers 2 black and one blue, they all are great grills, you can do so much with this grill. I talked about so much my brother said he needed one so I bought one for him. And know he talks about all the time. There is not much that can not be done on a Performer.

Back