Pulled Pork on the SmokeFire!!!

SteveF (Alpine)

TVWBB Fan
First long cook on the SF and all I can say is WOW!!! Started with a ≈10 pound Costco butt injected with one cup Oakridge BBQ Game Changer mixed with ginger ale. Rubbed with a 50/50 mix of Oakridge BBQ Dominator and Secret Weapon rubs and placed in the SF at 225° on Weber Apple mix pellets. Wrapped about 12 hours later at 170° internal and upped the temp to 250°. Went a couple more hours to an internal of 200°. Pulled it, wrapped it in towels and put it in the cooler to rest for about 3 more hours. Unwrapped it and think we heard angels singing. Pulled it and made some sandwiches with Hawaiian rolls and a little Neely's Coleslaw

Again, WOW, best shoulder I've done, period. No sauce, just meat, slaw and bun...

IMG_8952.JPG

IMG_8951.JPG

IMG_8947.JPG

IMG_8945.JPG

IMG_8943.JPG

IMG_8937.JPGIMG_8926.JPG

IMG_8925.JPG

IMG_8918.JPG

Awesome smoke ring!! Seems like Webber has worked out the initial problems with the smokefire and now they are producing some fabulous bbq. Great job, you set the bar awfully high on your 1st attempt!
Tim

Thanks everyone, we really appreciate it! 🍻

Wow, Steve. That looks incredible...you're selling me on the SmokeFire!

Awesome smoke ring!! Seems like Webber has worked out the initial problems with the smokefire and now they are producing some fabulous bbq. Great job, you set the bar awfully high on your 1st attempt!
Tim

Truth be told, the SmokeFire has been nothing less than perfect! I wanted one before they were released, but it wasn’t financially practical at the time and candidly, we didn’t have room. By the time I got really serious and started thinning the existing herd, I think most if not all of the original issues had been worked out. There are still some things the Summit does better, but the SmokeFire has become the go to grill!

Beautiful butt, inside and out. Looks like a magazine shoot.

No pellet feeding problems on the long cook? Did the revised hopper fix that issue?

Beautiful butt, inside and out. Looks like a magazine shoot.

No pellet feeding problems on the long cook? Did the revised hopper fix that issue?

Thanks!

No issues at all. I got up once in the night just so satisfying my curiosity, but it went all night without a hitch. I got mine with the modified hopper slide already installed so I don’t have any cooks without it to compare.

Back