Prime Sirloin Steaks and Skins

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Earlier Sunday afternoon I grill/baked some white potatoes, and let cool before scooping them out.

Prime sirloin steaks from Costco, salted, room temp for an hour, then dried well.
IMGP2523.JPG

Added charcoal to the previous fire, put on the cast iron grate, brushed olive oil on the potato cups, and proceeded.
IMGP2532.JPG

Rather than going for grill marks, I wanted them seared all over, so I kept 'em on the moo-ve.
IMGP2533.JPG

Filled the seasoned tater cups with cheddar, bacon, and a little green onion.
IMGP2538.JPG

Plated sirloin, skins, and corn.
Sour cream and a touch of sriracha sauce on the skins.
IMGP2539.JPG

IMGP2552.JPG

Super tasting steaks!
Sirloin is one of my favorites, and these were nearly as tender as filet mignon, but with much more beef taste.
The skins were a big hit too.

Yesterday, for lunch, I made a potato cake with the leftover tater 'meat' using mayo, spicy brown mustard, chives, and seasoning salt.
IMGP2574.JPG

Topped it with jack cheese and ham.
IMGP2580.JPG

It was swell too!

I didn't hit my 10 pic limit, so here's a shot of ole blue, after a spot of rain, right after my Sunday cook.
IMGP2565.JPG

Thanks for the visit!

Steak looks great, skins are a knock out but I'm really liking that tater cake. Would love one for breakfast right about now with a sunny side up egg sitting on top.

Fantastic cook as always Bob! Hope our Costco has the sirloin on sale this weekend. If not it gives me a chance to refill my stuffed green olives (jalapenos & garlic)..I should just buy a case of them as much as I like them..:D

Bob............ I'm speechless. The steaks and taters look incredible. This should be in a magazine titled "How Its Done". Just wonderful.

Some darn nice looking prime sirloin, Bob! Great job on the cook. Everything looks delicious.

Love the tater cake with ham and cheese.:)

Bob, those steaks and tater cups look just perfect!! I sure hope you saved me a plate!!

Nice meals Bob! I need to pay more attention at Costco - never noticed sirloins that look like that. On the other hand, I usually just look to see if they started carrying Tri Tip again and then grumble to myself and walk away.

Great looking meal. Love those tater cups. I have bought those steaks and agree. They are outstanding. And if I recall cheaper than a choice ribeye or strip.

Maybe it's just because I'm hungry, but that is one of the best posts I've seen in the Photo Gallery.

Those sirloins are beautifully marbled. Costco has a reputation of having a good meat dept. But, really it took your masterful work to turn out the delicious dinner Bob. I thought those taters were bruschetta at first glance. Nope, just lovely taters with toppings. The ham and cheese potato cake wasn't bad either.

Steaks (i'll bet were) SENSATIONAL!
potatoes look PURDY!!
sides are SUPERDUPER!!!
Cakes = KILLER!!!!

and the Jack&Ham.... BAAAMMMM!

Excellent all around! EXCELLENT!!!

An outstanding dinner Bob! Bet the family loved it. Hug Jo-Anne from us.

This post gets 5/5 lanterns from the Wolgast Family!;)

Everyone has already said it, but what the heck ----- wow, what a meal, I am stuck offshore in Africa right now but I know what I will be cooking when I get home. Fantastic meal. Thanks for the inspiration Bob.

Back