Potluck pulled pork

Tony;
That pork looks incredible! Maribel is going to be the "Bell of the Ball"!!

Good work, my man!!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

I bought my wife a miter saw for Christmas. Her next project is supposed to be a table to place between my grill and smoker for holding such things.

Maribel told me that the pulled pork was a big hit!!!!
Everyone loved it....:)

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to the forum past and present. I have improved a lot thanks to you guys and gals since joining the forum.

Merry Christmas.

Looks like some people got lucky at that pot luck! I'm sure it was a big hit. Waking up at 2 am... that's dedication.

~Tyson

Nice cook Tony those Mavericks are nice help a man get some sleep and also keeps you from opening the lid all the time.

Now we just need a high heat video cam and we be set.
Kevin

Great looking pulled pork, Tony! I'm sure there weren't many leftovers, if any at all. However, the thing that caught my eye in your post was the fact that your Maverick & your Dome Thermometer were right on the money! My Dome Temp can be 25-50 degrees off from my Maverick. I know there's a variance between dome & grate temps, but I'd just like them to match each other a little more closely. Nicely done, Tony!

Great looking pulled pork, Tony! I'm sure there weren't many leftovers, if any at all. However, the thing that caught my eye in your post was the fact that your Maverick & your Dome Thermometer were right on the money! My Dome Temp can be 25-50 degrees off from my Maverick. I know there's a variance between dome & grate temps, but I'd just like them to match each other a little more closely. Nicely done, Tony!

The thermometer was at grate level. I have the older model wsm.

Hey Tony,

Beautiful pulled pork. If you have a small table close to your WSM try setting your Maverick in a beverage cooler cup with the wire stand outside the cup. The probe connectors will be in a vertical position when plugged in. Makes for a more stable setting position. Merry Christmas to you and Maribel from the Ozarks.

Last edited:
Nice crust & bark on that pork Tony. I'm sure the wife & her coworkers loved it. Nice of you to do that for them. Have a prosperous New Year!

Looks awesome Tony!

A note about the maverick hanging on the wsm's lip--If you ever decide to add garage door handles to your cooker, you can then hang the maverick from the wsm lip and lean it on the garage door handle so the plastic doesnt get hot. Plus, having the handles is.........HANDY!!

Looks great Tony! That last picture is beautiful! Love the clean bone out of focus in the background.

Looks great Tony, not as good as mine of course, but still very tasty...lol just having fun! Hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas.

Man that looks so good. I did two for my wife last year. It was more than a little stressful making food for strangers. You hit a home run!

Back