Post a pic of your Pet (Dog) *****

This thread needs MORE DOG PHOTOS!!!]

Ain't so Mad....?

Good call Jim!

This is our rescue pup Whitney we got about two months ago. She is part Husky, Retriever and Coyote. Sweetest thing on the planet loves everyone and everything. Her nick name is Radar, because when she sleeps she always has one ear up like an antenna and it will follow sounds and she doesn't open her eyes, just listens.
S1031977_zpsotjkgze1.jpg

Check out the coyote eyes!
S1031972_zps5fjme0of.jpg

Whitney with Raddy our 12 year old Golden.
http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y469/rjd4cars/S1031646_zpshxdup1yk.jpg
S1031646_zpshxdup1yk.jpg

Bump. Here's our 2 dachshunds after a bath the other night.
1FAC6EED-7E34-4C69-9D99-E65CD0087E67_zpsjsu1sxd7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Levi is the red one and Daisy is the piebald.

Love to see this still going. Awesome lookin pups, thanks for sharing. Here is my latest house guest Puma. I am part of an awesome group here in Connecticut, Dog Star rescue. I do the behavior/training stuff. When we have an Owner surrender I do the evals. I grew racing sled dogs, after meeting Puma Saturday I said, "Yeah no need to find a foster, she's coming with me till we find her a forever home". My Rottie Junior loves the company.

Élan, my baby girl was a huge GSD, 6 years in Iraq and 4 in Afghanistan as an EDD. 10 when I adopted her, she passed earlier this year at 12. I knew that was the end game, I provided her warmth in the Winter, A/C in the Suumer and she shed like a Siberian. I was drowning in fur. She hated dogs but loved people, if you wore a uniform, she went nuts. She treated me with mild neglect except at meals, treats and her daily ice cream time, oh when she wanted some ear scratches. I didn't think I would ever get another dog again but I adopted a Belgian Malnois a couple of months ago. He has a black mask over his face and looks like a demon but is as sweet as pie. Think small GSD on steroids, one of us was goig to to kill the other that first week. Dogs discover things with their mouth, he discovered a lot. Brand new pair of tennis shoes, one shoe didn't fair so well. He had something against the Northern tool catalog, it took one for the team. The box of trash bags must have taunted him, he didn't touch the bags, just the box. The shop vac will be required to clean up the smaller pieces. He's very smart and like Élan understood commands in Dutch when he has a mind to. He's 5 going on 6 months. He was an SSD in Afghanistan. He understands hand signals. His name is Rico, "Get Out of There" Hillman. Pics when I get a chance. They are called Maligators for a reason but he loves people and dogs and is an extreme Velcro dog. I don't think he sleeps when I'm home.

Last edited:
Here are my girls Dixie and Katie. They are sisters from the same litter and will be 12 in October. Spoiled rotten and of course I wouldn't have it any other way. They are a mix of Lab and Australian Shepard

Picture%20023_zpsqarvzpm6.jpg

This is when they were about 8 months old

p1010002_zpsryvrnsoh.jpg

And this is about 4 years old

20130714_200446_zpsyvtqlqy2.jpeg

And this is now

thought we'd share a few pictures of our two.
Both are rescues.
Myles is a little over 3 yrs now. We've had him 2 years in Jan. He has turned out to be great. Can be skittish around strangers though.
And our Blue, she is so not your typical Siberian. Barks at everything. She is our 3rd Siberian in 25yrs.
We got her back in February, she is going to be on the small side.

thought we'd share a few pictures of our two.
Both are rescues.
Myles is a little over 3 yrs now. We've had him 2 years in Jan. He has turned out to be great. Can be skittish around strangers though.
And our Blue, she is so not your typical Siberian. Barks at everything. She is our 3rd Siberian in 25yrs.
We got her back in February, she is going to be on the small side.

Two beautiful pups Russ, thanks for sharing but more importantly saving these beauties.

Here's mine

Hazel (the big one) and Joey (the puppy). She's not his mother (distant relatives) but he seemed to think she was

IMG_1939a_zps2kxppwzf.jpg

Hazel enjoying the snow after a big storm (a friend said she hopes to be as happy at least once in her life as Hazel is in this pic)

IMG_4953_zps6gv0ih6d.jpg

Handsome Joey

IMG_4710_zpscjnfpkqq.jpg

Here's Levi and Daisy riding with me to the store. He starts shivering at 65*, and she starts at 70*! That's why they have their sweaters on.
7BB0611C-39B9-4ECA-A320-C3C0E66F0528_zpsh6lwqfmp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'd like to think that it was my barbecue aroma that attracted this cute little calico to my yard 12 days ago but I think it was more the birds at my feeder. Anyway she followed me in, she's the nicest little kitty and hopefully I'll figure out a name for her soon. I've been calling her Buddy.

She was not feral but she was half starved and dehydrated when she came in, I had seen her around for a few weeks prior to her deciding to adopt me.

Here she is earlier tonight inspecting my bacon wrapped meatloaf before I put it on the smoker (we're still working on her table manners) She is fast becoming my little BBQ buddy, maybe I will call her Buddy!

Last edited:
Nice Steven. Hope you give your new Buddy a good home. I'm sure she picked you out for a reason. :wsm:

Have not been here much lately, life happens and being involved in rescue kinda fills up your schedule on top of everyday happenings but wanted to bump this thread. So many of us have something else in common besides Q, our love of dogs or animals in general. I was just checking out a few threads and thought about how great this site is and how thankful I am that I have this resource. So many folks helping others not to mention how well this site is constructed. Okay I know this has nothing to do with this thread but had to throw it out there.

I have seen tons of dogs go through our rescue, Dog Star rescue in CT, and have many times forced myself not to adopt any, till now anyway. Here is Pedro, the pup on the left, a Husky/Black Mouth Cur looking innocent as ever with my Rottie Junior with the "I had nothing to do with it" look lol.

Here's our Gunner. He was a rescue out of Indiana, GS and Lab mix and barely 4 months old.
Heidi loves him and he's learning his etiquette quite well.

z_0St16__cRx3LEYDq2EcLy3HmWtjuKMvXTKuIGH-3NSMmqjB5Ifg0MBe40c8zJilKsag0aFQXPyZVOS0XFb902fV7DxabINQQoV6dLxIyzvJ8tNVA529lMq4izXVeEElUhXvuDLg3JrjNwaPXdbJWL-CBlpYBGisPRfOy842cZZMZ9dxKOEPMpt-YXk0ASt_QFaBt9I2hsYz_JWHOD9_3Jb6l7wIFVbLgUZbeYsYxfTRKJOvTGAYKpqyKOxiNSTvbwbwEHYu1HVeWSIz3g1EvWA5BPolFjtVtFJU6utj3VEItc1nWZMlyYzMP2dMpyPUsx2sEq6hu5rYEfS17TfF7XcuzRrrJJ0ekoLfTtUx3vSqceyUpihFc93exsXuBuERNxFqwmTw9xYD88jvEXabTcfItTU8EqSq-4aB4xBnNJiXkp1ciA7tnSgqxITeHWRv5nTzAJLwgrVgT_kRDi_jFcxSYPOIi2vDVYfLddO8lJbo8f5ly47k-0ycB3ZYwqOxo5tLlEcXLQh7mLA6z2AzUZFOH4jGcqZ8AnTTwtaayaZdS7MtQ9Zr3Bxq1hI7GORaSVjqWDHFDMyXrhsd-oCFcfTc2zG9BU=w534-h949-no

Tim

Here's my sweetheart english bulldog. She loves getting her picture taken.

3VKvxGJ.jpg

Here's another picture of Queenie. I'm slicing up some brisket in this photo, you can't see that part though. She's a true central texas bulldog, and loves her brisket!

yULleyz.jpg

Back