Post a pic of your Pet (Dog) *****

Some great pics and cute pets. Figured I would keep it going with another one of Slash inspired by a recent smoke. Got up at 4:00 am on a sunday to fire up the WSM. Here is how the conversation went between Sarah and I.

Sarah - "WHAT are you doing?"

Me - "Going to light the charcoal"

Sarah - " UMM its like 8 degrees outside"

Me - " Canadian bloodlines, no biggie, you want me to take Slash?"

Sarah- " Its 4am, he is sleeping"

Me - "Cool"

Ten minutes later the bedroom door slams and Slash comes barreling down the stairs to assist with my smoke. LOL, either he is addicted to smoking like me or just wants to hang with his master.

slash.jpg

Here's the one dog we have left,Levi, gnawing on a pork chop bone! Man,you should have seen his tail going! What a happy dude! We won't let him have pork bones,but we will let him chew the leftover meat off 'em!

Here are my boys, Buddy and Max.

Buddy

Max

After a long day chasing each other around

Both were rescues. Max we got as a puppy about a year ago and Buddy, they think, was a year and a half when we got him last August. Both are great dogs and have a blast with each other. Buddy had a bit of a rough time before we adopted him but he's great now.

Ed,he was a rescue of sorts. Our son had a friend who knew Levi's previous owner. The guy wanted a dog for his kids,but he was deathly afraid of dogs! So he kept Levi kenneled 20+ hours a day! Doesn't make sense to me. So my son's friend actually took Levi from the guy and gave him to our son. Our son was terminally ill at the time,so all the care fell on us! But that's ok,he's a good boy!

Here's a pic our our Chesapeake Bay Retriever, Maggie, after going for a swim in the lake last weekend.

Got her 2 years ago from the SPCA and couldn't ask for a better dog.

IMG_20120304_135656.jpg

This is Ben @ 9 months. He's now 11 months and is getting ready to go back to "The Seeing Eye". We get to keep the puppies from 7 weeks old to about 14-18 months old for socialization and then they goback to "Seeing Eye" for proper training until they're assigned to a vision impaired person. [IMG:top] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Lots of great looking pets being posted!

Jon,
Thank you for the work that you do with Seeing Eye pups.
I'm sure it's hard to return them.
My late dad was blind, and had a couple of "Leader Dogs" from Michigan.
Both were German Shepherds, the breed of choice in those days.
My wife and I are Lab lovers, and we think Ben is beautiful!

Here's Sarge at 7 months and 95lbs.
IMAG0511.jpg

Heidi and Champ.
IMAG0513.jpg

IMAG0514.jpg

Napoleon the rescue Papillion
IMAG0517.jpg

Wyatt with my wife Kelly.
IMAG0520.jpg

He's such a Mommas boy.
IMAG0522.jpg

Tim

Yep Tim, I would say Momma's boy for sure. Great pics of all your dogs.

And, great pics of all the rest of the dogs posted. Keep them coming, this is a great thread!
icon_smile.gif

Jon, Ben looks as if he's had wonderful care and love. He'll have a great career ahead of him. Thanks for doing what you do and for sharing Ben with us.

Tim, what a nice range of doggie kisses you have. Ooooo, whoooo! A Sargie kiss would be something to remember!

Rita
http://www.canineassistants.org/

Jon ... Ben looks like a young version of my babe !
[IMG:top]
588a5f4a.jpg
[/IMG]
Gotta love labs!!

Tim ur dogs look great! Man I bet it's a mess at meal time!!

Bob, Rita and Morgan, thanks for your kind words. Ben is our 4th dog for "The Seeing Eye" and it all started when we decided we wanted to teach our then 12 year old son that when you are priveledged to have a good life, you should give something back. We get to meet visually impaired people who have guide dogs and hear how it changes their lives, how a lawyer who went blind as an adult is now again able to take mass transit into Manhattan to get to his office, a teacher who brings her dog to school with her, a couple of college students who are getting around campus with their guides. Somehow the chewed baseboard and the rug we have to clean a couple of times a year, a few chewed shoes/sneakers/camera/cell phone/$20 bill....over the past 5 years just don't matter. Morgan it's nice to see your dog since once Ben goes back I'll never see him again, you'r "babe" is beautiful. Rita, yes, he's well loved...maybe a little apoiled. Bob, I'm so glad that you dad was able to take advantage of the use of a guide dog, and yes labs are the best! All of them!

Back